Sign in to follow this  
geedub

Using mouse for Green/Red Buttons!

Greetings all,This is one for Bryan really as it is likely a programming issue (but then ...hopefully not) Hi again Bryan, I just installed a new Logitech mouse that has these cunning Left and Right click functions on the scroll wheel (in addition to the normal down-click). My thinking was to assign the mouse's L/R click functions to the keyboard commands I have mapped to the Green and Red buttons via the FS2Crew Start Centre. In this case Green=TAB Red=L-Shift. In Windows i.e. outside of FS2Crew these mouse assignments work fine. But once I load the PMDG744/FS2Crew these additional mouse functions are not recognised, although the keyboard commands are, as you would expect. I think I half suspected this would be the case as I believe you have implemented a gauge to handle the joystick/keyboard inputs? As we all use the mouse somewhat intensively in the preparation/early stages of the flight, it would be a sweet solution (for me at least, at the moment) to be able to handle these essential G/R Buttons from the mouse as well. So my question is - is it possible for any reasonably technical person, but non-programmer, to configure FS2Crew in some way so as to recognise the L/R Wheel-Click controls on the mouse as well, or is the input functionality embedded in the gauge code and perhaps safely out of our reach!? Thank you, I am currently re-visiting FS2Crew/PMDG744 after a spell and understanding it (and hence really enjoying it) for the first time. Patience pays off and is well worth the effort. Best wishes,GarethSPAIN

Hello Gareth,That's quite the mouse you have!However, the only way I could see you pulling this off (and it's a big maybe because I've never seen a mouse quite as fancy as yours), would be to configure your special mouse buttons on the wheel via FSUIPC and tie them to the FS2Crew key assignments for the Red/Green/Main/Secondary buttons.Now I'm not sure if FSUIPC could handle your mouse in the first place, so it's all speculative, but worth a shot.

Hi Bryan,Thank you for your fast response and interesting suggestion. I'll try it soon and report. Delving into the bowels of FSUIPC can be a bit daunting I find, though I did manage to get the 4 throttles thingy to work. FWIW, the new mouse is the relatively humble Logitech "Optical Tilt-Wheel Mouse" (sits somewhere in the middles of their range at 29 euros here on the Costa Blanca). It's described as a 'notebook' mouse. I do not use a notebook but its nice and compact, the way I like my meece. For the benefit of any members reading this post the lateral click facility is crisp and easy to use. Recommended. Could this be the start of something big...? :( All the best,Gareth

Dear All,RATS! FSUIPC didn't recognise my mouse at all, so for now I've settled for one of the toggle switches on my SAITEK AV8R stick. FSUIPC allows for a Mouse macro so I'm left wondering why it didn't detect my mouse. Perhaps I'll put it to Pete Dowson though I imagine he has better things to do. :( Best wishes to allGarethSPAIN