Sign in to follow this  
bkisc

PMDG for X-Plane

Hi,Just thinking whether PMDG has thought X-Plane flight sim as one of their development platform, I've got it installed on my computer and it definitely is a step above in certain aspects than MSFS. I wish PMDG does some study on this and may be release a NGX for X-Plane as well.The cool things about X-Plane are it's ability to simulate airflow over aerodynamic surfaces, something they term "Blade Element Theory", meaning everything from Jet Engines to Wings lift, everything gets simulated as close to the real world. Over that, it's got some pretty nice atmosphere simulation as well. I flew C172 and the feel of it is so realistic.www.x-plane.orgBhaskar

Hi,Just thinking whether PMDG has thought X-Plane flight sim as one of their development platform, I've got it installed on my computer and it definitely is a step above in certain aspects than MSFS. I wish PMDG does some study on this and may be release a NGX for X-Plane as well.The cool things about X-Plane are it's ability to simulate airflow over aerodynamic surfaces, something they term "Blade Element Theory", meaning everything from Jet Engines to Wings lift, everything gets simulated as close to the real world. Over that, it's got some pretty nice atmosphere simulation as well. I flew C172 and the feel of it is so realistic.www.x-plane.orgBhaskar
Hmm, I'm not a fan of "Blade Element Theory" in desktop simulators, when you know the parameters for the aircrafts. It's more usefull for testing out new designs I belive. Some tests I've seen show that FD's in FSX are more accurate than in X-plane.

There isn't much in the way of an actual SDK that would allow us to do the sort of deep programming we can with MSFS, plus his airflow simulation etc I know has been somewhat controversial in the fact that it only uses the geometry of the model to supposedly predict aircraft performance. That doesn't really give us much flexibility if things don't come out right off the bat. (which is pretty common in something on the level of what we're doing)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com