Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Angel

How do you deal with airports?

I am loving Tileproxy. I managed to get it working out-of-the-box and texture loading and performance seems great. Have it locked at 20fps and I'm getting 1000+ tps in flight. Only an occassionaly blurry tile around my aircraft.So, thanks to the Christian for all of this work on this and to Ed for this helpful guide.One drawback to photo scenery is the lack of depth to the terrain when flying really low or when landing and taking off. Do you guys just tend to ignore this drawback or do you find workarounds? Is there add-on scenery which adds enough trees, etc. around particular airports to make things feel more fleshed out?I tend to prefer to have a point of departure and a destination when flying, rather than just starting in the air, so it would be nice to somehow make those portions of flight at least partially as cool as how things look from a few thousand feet.

Guest ddrueding

I do miss the trees, but I do have the non-autogen scenery maxed out.

Guest cbuchner1
I tend to prefer to have a point of departure and a destination when flying, rather than just starting in the air, so it would be nice to somehow make those portions of flight at least partially as cool as how things look from a few thousand feet.
AGN files can add autogen to FS9 style photo scenery. For the Switzerland professional scenery the community hand-crafted AGN files for most of Switzerland.These free downloads also work in Tileproxy.