Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobim

AI Chatter question

Guest Jobim

When flying over Portugal (specially near Madeira Island) I have heard Radar Contact chatter recordings in Portuguese. The recordings were, in fact, in Brazilian Portuguese (and also referring to Brazilian companies - such as Varig and TAM - and Brazilian airports). They were not recordings done in Portugal. This is not AI chatter (because it Radar Contact, in the case, is not controlling AI traffic, but just adding some "real" chatter to add realism). In my opinion, this is a very good idea and really adds a feeling of realism (because the voices are not robot-like, they seem real recordings).However, I have never heard something similar when flying over Spain (never heard Spanish chatter) or over Italy (no Italian chatter), or Germany. I have heard it near Paris (in French).And most seriously: I have never heard this Brazilian chatter when flying over Brazil!!!! Only when flying over ...Portugal.... This is sad...My question is: is there any tool in Radar Contact that might allow me to configure the radio frequencies for which some specific chatter recordings would be active? Or is it a "hard code" configuration, that cannot be changed in any way? I really would love to hear Brazilian chatter when flying over Brazil.And one more question: do you have a list of the chatter languages and countries available in Radar Contact? That would be very nice!Thank you very much and best regards,Dario.

DarioI can't add anything useful but you should hear some Spanish chatter when overflying Spain.You'll hear it over the UK too.

When flying over Portugal (specially near Madeira Island) I have heard Radar Contact chatter recordings in Portuguese. The recordings were, in fact, in Brazilian Portuguese (and also referring to Brazilian companies - such as Varig and TAM - and Brazilian airports). They were not recordings done in Portugal. This is not AI chatter (because it Radar Contact, in the case, is not controlling AI traffic, but just adding some "real" chatter to add realism). In my opinion, this is a very good idea and really adds a feeling of realism (because the voices are not robot-like, they seem real recordings).However, I have never heard something similar when flying over Spain (never heard Spanish chatter) or over Italy (no Italian chatter), or Germany. I have heard it near Paris (in French).And most seriously: I have never heard this Brazilian chatter when flying over Brazil!!!! Only when flying over ...Portugal.... This is sad...My question is: is there any tool in Radar Contact that might allow me to configure the radio frequencies for which some specific chatter recordings would be active? Or is it a "hard code" configuration, that cannot be changed in any way? I really would love to hear Brazilian chatter when flying over Brazil.And one more question: do you have a list of the chatter languages and countries available in Radar Contact? That would be very nice!Thank you very much and best regards,Dario.
there is a section in the manual on how to add pre-recorded chatter. i think it has the answers you're looking forjd

Guest Jobim
there is a section in the manual on how to add pre-recorded chatter. i think it has the answers you're looking forjd
Thank you very much, JD!

Guest Jobim
Another doubt: I went to the section of the user manual that explains how to configure the way Radar Contact handles the pre-recorded chatter. The first procedure involves checking the Airspace file (which should be located in "rcv4" main folder). The problem is that I don't have this file (it is not a hidden file as well). What should I do?

Another doubt: I went to the section of the user manual that explains how to configure the way Radar Contact handles the pre-recorded chatter. The first procedure involves checking the Airspace file (which should be located in "rcv4" main folder). The problem is that I don't have this file (it is not a hidden file as well). What should I do?
that section of the manual needs to be updated. sorry.\data\z4.csv is the file you need to look at, to find the center number associated with center you want to add chatter tojd