Sign in to follow this  

Adventure Files?

How would I go about creating adveture files.I am planing to make some flights based on real/famous flights.I know I could do it just by makeing a flight plan, but I also want my users to read a write-up on the flight is about/famous about.Any help would be great.Thanks,Sinlock

Sinlock,The best starting point is Fermin Fernandez site http://www.fsadventures.net.Fermin and his mates produce a variety of great adventures and have links to enable you to get started yourself-see the 'developers' section.Most people are still using the 'APL' language that was in use until FS2000. With FS2k2 Microsoft introduced an 'improved' adventure language' ABL', but alas it's a very steep learning curve for inexperienced programmers (like myself). However the original APL language is still supported and is capable of great stuff-just try some of fsadventures' own 'adventures' to see.I started by getting the FS2000 'APL' SDK and then working through the 'Sample.txt' that came with it. I soon discovered that the 'APL' language had gone through a few minor changes and even the easy 'sample' adventure didn't run properly now in FS2k2. That taught me that, for instance, altitudes needed stating in meters not feet (or be converted using standard FS functions) and occasionally you came across something that didn't now compile. The next 'must have' was 'AdvIDE' from SimSystems, a 'front end program' that makes assembling APL adventures a breeze-well almost!So do have a go, many of us can't understand why adventure programming has 'gone quiet' of late, it's the best way to produce interesting flights for other simmers.DaveT