Sign in to follow this  
marcom

MD11 - CTD when entering a PBD as a DIR INTC

Very frustrating:as I was approaching TPBP, I typed BGI/350/15 into the scratchpad. I then pressed the DIR INTC button and LSK'ed the entry into L1. The MCDU asked which BGI I meant, I selected the top one and immediately afterwards FS2004 crashed :( Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Yeah, shouldn't do that but I think the proper procedure is to move it from the scratchpad to a position in the flightplan to insert it. Once inserted you can go direct if you wish. I could be wrong but I think this came up before and I think the developers have caught the CTD which we all agree shouldn't happen if you press the wrong button.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest charlie1017

I can confirm this as well for FS2004 version of the MD-11. Approaching SBGR with Varig P&W MD-11, and going for the ILS 9R, I entered STN/109/14 and followed the exact same procedure as the OP. Immediately after selecting the VOR from the list, there was a black screen and then FS crashed.This is my only issue so far. Overall, this MD-11 is simply amazing!Carlos

Yeah, shouldn't do that but I think the proper procedure is to move it from the scratchpad to a position in the flightplan to insert it. Once inserted you can go direct if you wish. I could be wrong but I think this came up before and I think the developers have caught the CTD which we all agree shouldn't happen if you press the wrong button.
Hmm so how would you do it in the following case:first waypoint is BGI and you want to insert the PBD before BGI. You can't do that in the MCDU (NOT ALLOWED prompt) so to work around the problem you'd have to insert the PBD after BGI, go direct to the PBD and then insert BGI (with all its vertical constraints) after your new PBD. Or is there a different solution for the time being?But good news that the bug has been corrected!

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest lfassam

Hi,I had purchased the MD11 today and following the tutorial. Am getting the same black screen and CTD when selecting the LSK 1. AIRPORT and trying to get a SID.After 9 attempts, defrags, re-installs I am unable to get passed this part of the tutorial.Any advice.L Fassam

This is usually caused by a flight plan you have stored. The MD11 will open all flight plans to match the selections and we found the fix is to either remove all your stored flight plans, or remove several at a time to see which one it doesn't like. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP