Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

Different MD-11 Sounds

I really like these different sounds. The AP disco and even the call outs are different. Pretty cool. I want! :(

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

There was more than one "######ing betty," I've seen a YouTube recording done by one, she stands in front of the camera and recites her script... it is great.The sounds in the pmdg sim were recorded in a cockpit (airline level-d simulator), so there is no question about authenticity.I love that JKF 13L approach, it is included in my sidstart collection if you want to give it a try.

Dan Downs KCRP

There was more than one "######ing betty," I've seen a YouTube recording done by one, she stands in front of the camera and recites her script... it is great.The sounds in the pmdg sim were recorded in a cockpit (airline level-d simulator), so there is no question about authenticity.I love that JKF 13L approach, it is included in my sidstart collection if you want to give it a try.
Yeah, I know they're authentic, as most MD-80s and MD-11/10s seem to sound the way PMDG did it, but I just like how these sound. A little different and the tone that accompanies the AP disco sound is different and cool too.Yeah, I do also have your latest SID/STAR collection installed. As to that approach, I have major problems with tight downwind to base to final in the sim. I think a lot of it is because I can't look around as one would in a real plane to see the runway. I don't have TrackIR either. It makes it hard when using a HAT switch to keep all in check for tight turns and line up good.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Hey, glad to hear you gave it a try... note that I have included a track to follow through the turn so if you keep it in NAV (or LNAV) the aircraft will make the turn from the visual map at old mill creek and come around towards the race track and hotel... before it rolls out on final you should have a good view of 13L to make corrections and disco a/p last 500 ft.I know exactly what you mean about the base to final turn in the sim world... never have been satisfied with that experience.

Dan Downs KCRP

why did "######ing betty" call out "stabilizer motion" in the video? I have not heard that call out in flying the pmdg md-11 yet.Andrew

This has come up before here... normally you wouldn't hear that but it happens when the stab trim changes more than some number of degrees (I'd have to guess how much).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guys please keep in mind that this is NOT an MD-11 on this video but an MD-10. And yes those two have different types of callouts as the flight deck is not precisely identical.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guys please keep in mind that this is NOT an MD-11 on this video but an MD-10. And yes those two have different types of callouts as the flight deck is not precisely identical.Regards,Markus
The video says its an American Airlines MD-11 into KJFK... but the aircraft looks like it does not have a middle gear and the DUs look like LCDs...

The video says its an American Airlines MD-11 into KJFK... but the aircraft looks like it does not have a middle gear and the DUs look like LCDs...
Yes it does but trust me this is not an MD-11 but an MD-10. The guy who took that video is an idiot. Several people made comments on youTube about that being an MD-11 and he was pretty rude to all of them insisting that this would be an MD-11. Sometimes one has to admit being wrong, this guy obviously can't.There are BIG clues here that this can't be an MD-11: No Centre Main gear, it has the DC-10 thrust levers, fuel cut-off switches are also DC-10, different callouts, you can even see the DC-10 style MC and MW lights. Oh and, this was FedEx and NOT American Airlines.Makes me think that the guy who built and published that video didn't actually take it...Markus

Markus Burkhard

Yes it does but trust me this is not an MD-11 but an MD-10. The guy who took that video is an idiot. Several people made comments on youTube about that being an MD-11 and he was pretty rude to all of them insisting that this would be an MD-11. Sometimes one has to admit being wrong, this guy obviously can't.There are BIG clues here that this can't be an MD-11: No Centre Main gear, it has the DC-10 thrust levers, fuel cut-off switches are also DC-10, different callouts, you can even see the DC-10 style MC and MW lights. Oh and, this was FedEx and NOT American Airlines.Makes me think that the guy who built and published that video didn't actually take it...Markus
About that, it's company policy that's why the fact that it's an MD-10 is hidden.

Nice video, though. Does the MD-10 require a flight engineer, or is it a two-man crew like the MD-11?Tom