Sign in to follow this  
Guest AF024

ASA crash FS and other Windows programs

Guest AF024

Hi,I've tried several time to made a long haul flight between VOMM and LFPG, but I get an error with ASA after hours of flight (I think about 5 hours).I'll try to get the exact message, but it's something like a memory error because It also crash all windows running programs (error messages, unreadable menu, even taskmanager can't be run with CTRL+ALT+SUPPR).Is it a known issue or do you have a clue of what it is ?

Hi,System specs?Is this with the SP1 Beta installed? This was one of the fixes.Thanks,

Guest AF024

Yes it's with the SP1 beta installed.System :Core 2 Duo E6300 o/c 2.1 Ghz (tested and stable)Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC 5300 Asus Geforce 8800 GTXRAID0 Western Digital Raptor 76 GoWindows XP SP3.net framework 2 SP2I've just reinstall my PC, so the system is clean.

Hi,How much system memory?What happens if you do not over-clock?Thanks,

Guest AF024

I have 2 GB of memory.I didn't test without overclocking, but I'm sure that it doesn't come from there. I've test my PC for hours to check if my o/c is stable.

I have 2 GB of memory.I didn't test without overclocking, but I'm sure that it doesn't come from there. I've test my PC for hours to check if my o/c is stable.
Just as a fyi - I have clocked several systems and found that even after passing over 8 hours of stress testing with OCCT or Prime95 that I could get system clock related crashes with FSX.FSX really stresses the communication and timing relationship between memory and sub systems so you can pass normal clocking tests with flying colors and still fail in FSX.For example, my current system runs at 3.88 with no problem. If I kick it to 4ghz, I can pass all the tests overnight BUT I will get crashes when taking long ( > 1hour) flights. Everything else runs just fine!Not that this is your problem but it IS something to consider.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest AF024

Hi everybody,I think ASA has nothing to do with this ; it seems to be our home-made VA flight-tracker.Because, I had the same problems with the windows programs without ASA launched. And thinking about it, the flight-tracker was the only program that was launched every time these things happened.I apologize for having blamed ASA :(