Sign in to follow this  
Guest macdawg

Add-On Scenery

Guest macdawg

Can anyone help with this? I have installed and declared RJTT V0.12 for FS2004.This is great freeware scenery by Eiichi Shimizu! I have also installed the fix by Martin Stebbing, which fixes the apron/taxiway disappearing.The problem seems to be the default scenery is still there, i.e. two runways,PAPI etc. I don't know which one is on top or bottom but I can see 2 runways,PAPI etc.The add-on scenery is all there,but I seem to have 2 AFCAD's.The default Airport is in scenery/asia/scenery/AP985190.bgl, which contains other airports, so I don't want to mess with it. What can I do to show only the add-on scenery? thanks for any help!!!! Matt :-)

Can anyone help with this? I have installed and declared RJTT V0.12 for FS2004.This is great freeware scenery by Eiichi Shimizu! I have also installed the fix by Martin Stebbing, which fixes the apron/taxiway disappearing.The problem seems to be the default scenery is still there, i.e. two runways,PAPI etc. I don't know which one is on top or bottom but I can see 2 runways,PAPI etc.The add-on scenery is all there,but I seem to have 2 AFCAD's.The default Airport is in scenery/asia/scenery/AP985190.bgl, which contains other airports, so I don't want to mess with it. What can I do to show only the add-on scenery? thanks for any help!!!! Matt :-)
I downloaded and installed this airport. What a shame the author's of both the base file and the fix dod not do enough testing before releasing them.I am seeing exactly what you see - but have not had time to dig into it to see if there may be a fix of some type. As old as these file are I doubt the author's can be contacted - and of course I do not read or speak Japanese or Chinese which would be needed to try to contact the airport's author.If I stuble upon a fix I will be sure to post it. :(

Guest macdawg

Hello & thanks David for your reply! I'm still tinkering with the scenery myself.If I figure something out I will post it also. Thanks again, MATT.

Guest macdawg

Hey David, I figured something out that works for me,but your preferences may be different.I removed the "tt2k4_phot.bgl" and the "rjtt_rwy.bgl" from the scenery subfolder in the RJTT folder.I also removed all of 103 and 013 series of bitmaps in the texture subfolder.I did'nt like the photo ground scenery to much, so removing the phot.bgl & all the bitmaps solves that.Removing the rwy.bgl solves the double runways.What I was left with still has some issues but I am tweaking those issues with "Lee Swordy's AFCAD".I think the final result will be just fine,especially considering this was Freeware scenery from several years ago.much better than the default RJTT! HAPPY FLYING!! MATT :-)

Hey David, I figured something out that works for me,but your preferences may be different.I removed the "tt2k4_phot.bgl" and the "rjtt_rwy.bgl" from the scenery subfolder in the RJTT folder.I also removed all of 103 and 013 series of bitmaps in the texture subfolder.I did'nt like the photo ground scenery to much, so removing the phot.bgl & all the bitmaps solves that.Removing the rwy.bgl solves the double runways.What I was left with still has some issues but I am tweaking those issues with "Lee Swordy's AFCAD".I think the final result will be just fine,especially considering this was Freeware scenery from several years ago.much better than the default RJTT! HAPPY FLYING!! MATT :-)
I have not had the time to get back to it so am pleased to hear you found a workaround. :(