Sign in to follow this  
sargeski

Flight Simulation To Be Put On Hold

Guys, I have just went through the hardest week of my life and it appears the real journey begins next week. Last week I saw my family doctor because I was experiencing some slight pain in my thigh. By the end of that week I was having surgery to have a portion of a mass removed from my right thigh for a biopsy. I was told after the removal that the mass was definitely some sort of tumor. This Tuesday I was informed that the tumor appeared to be malignant and that the tumor was being sent to the Cleveland Clinic for evaluation. Tuesday evening I informed my wife of the preliminary results which was to say the least, agonizing especially when you add to the equation that I have a son who just turned 9 and a daughter that is getting ready to turn 5. Wednesday I was referred to a surgical oncologist at the University of Toledo Medical College who reviewed the preliminary lab report and told me that I had a 55-60% chance that this tumor was benign and to wait on the final results prior to reaching any conclusions. This was great news for my wife and I as you can imagine. However, today, five minutes after I returned home from work, the general surgeon who removed the part of the tumor for biopsy contacted me and said that the results were back from the Cleveland Clinic ad that the tumor was infact malignant and that the tumor was a soft tissue sarcoma called Malignant Fibrous Hystiocytoma of the Myxoid Subtype.To say the least after this weeks events I am emtionally and physically drained. I will begin treatment sometime next week following a full body CT scan scheduled for Monday. I believe that once the treatment process starts my particpation here at AVSIM as well as my hobby of flight simulation are going to come to an abrupt halt so that I can channel my energy towards beating the hand I have been dealt. I apologize to the members of the board for posting this information in this particular forum but seeing how over the years I have come to find that the majority of members that frequent the FSX Forum are very supportive and helpful to other AVSIM members I could not resist the temptation to share my weeks events and provide myself some well needed therapy in doing so.I have made alot of friends here, and possibly and enemy or two..lol...I hope not and thought it would be good to let them know what was going to be happening in my near future rather than wondering why I have disappeared from participation in the AVSIM forums.Thank you for taking the time to listen, if anyone can recommend any type cancer support group or offer any support in general, I'm all ears.If its permissible, I will try to keep you updated on my progress.Once again thank you for lending me your ears.Regards,Bob

Bob,I'm very sorry to hear this news. While we have never communicated before that does not mean that I cannot offer good thoughts & prayers your way as you start this journey. I hope that all turns out well.

Hi Bob,Probably I never interacted with you on the forums, but I sincerely wish you all the best for what you're going through. Be positive.A couple years ago I was diagnosed a serious heart problem with very low chance of long term survival, but I was lucky and it completely healed.I'm positive you'll get through it, and probably you'll have a different vista on things of life after that.And keep us informed if you can!Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Bob,I can tell by the name of your post "Flight Simulation to be put on hold", that you have a positive atitude and fully expect to flying with us again someday. I hope that day is not too far down the runway for you.Take care and all of the best of luck to you and your family.

Guest Alphahawk3

Bob, I wish you all the best and I will pray for you as I do believe in the power of prayer. You answered a post of mine a few days back and had me try an app....Dpc Latency. I tried it...as you know, and in our communication it was decided latency was not the issue. I continued to watch that app and just watch it over and over and would see those little spikes with the movement of the mouse....click of the browser and of course the ATC and touchdown of the aircraft. I was one sad puppy. Then it hit me that I had to have a ground loop problem. I had experienced that in my 30 years of working on missile systems many times but there was no grounds on the outside of my mother board....or so I thought. When mounting the board Asus informed me to put little red rubber washers under each screw head. I thought they were wrong as each screw hole on the board had solder dots around it and the screws had a lip on them and it hit me that was to make sure the board had a good ground to the case. In looking back on different boards I had installed on many radar systems it let me know I was right. I called Asus again today and they also said I had a ground loop problem but the rubber washers had to stay where they were. Well those holes were not made like that for nothing.....that is SOP for grounding boards that are mounted on stand offs.....it just slipped my mind on instalation...so I took the washers out and lo and behold no more stutters!!! If you could see the posts at the Asus forum about the sound problems. I will post there and let those who want to try it know that it will probably fix their problem. I owe that to you....many thanks. I am on disability and in the winter this is my escape. Without it I sit in this apartment and it makes for long days without the sim working correctly. In the scheme of things it is nothing but because of you I had a smile on my face from ear to ear all day today after plugging this PC back up and after all day testing not one blip. It is fixed, and today you helped bring a little ray of sunshine in my life. You never know what affect you have on someone....even in a forum where we have never met but both pursuing something that brings us much joy. You have put the joy back into my simming as I have to tell you I was in the doldrums. What is my point? As you travel down this road you are starting there will be many who will give you that support to put a smile on your face and that alone will help you in your recovery...may God bless you and your family and hope to see you back soon. All the best, Randy Regards

Keep positive and focused, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Bob I,also, have always found your posts to be very helpful. Thanks. Please, do keep us informed as to events and progress.I do not have any suggestions for support forums, but they are a great idea. When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few years ago, my wife found a few groups to join. It was, and still is, very helpful.All the best to you and your family.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Bob All the best to you and your family. W'ell be thinking about you and sending good vibes.

A lot of positive thoughts are flying your way.We all look forward to you feeling better. Peace and peace of mind be with you.colorado_mountains.gif

Guest firehawk44

Bob,Best wishes for complete recovery. I know it's scary now but a lot of people have recovered fully from cancerous tumors. You just need to keep a positive attitude as you have now. My thoughts and prayers are with you!Jim Young

Bob, we have never had the oppotunity to chat here before but i have seen many a posting by you. i wish you the best for you and your family, i am sure that it will be trying at times for all of you but i will pray that one day you, your wife and children will look at this as a distant memory.

Guest zonie

Bob, my heart goes out to you and your family. If you contact your local hospital or the American Cancer Society they can put you in touch with support groups in your area, and trust me, they really do help. My wife was diagnosed with Hepatacellular Carcinoma last February and began her treatment within a week of her diagnosis. Fate smiled on her and through the generous gift of life, she received a liver transplant on July 1st. Fortunately for her, the transplant was a complete success, and she is currently cancer free. You should definitely NOT stop "flying". Any hobbies can help you to relieve stress, and you are and will be under some stress for the forseeable future. I sincerely hope that fate smiles on you and your loved ones, and that you have a positive outcome. I think I can say with some certainty that you have many folks here on the forum who will be keeping you in their thoughts and prayers. Best of luckPat

Hi Bob,Wish you all strength and soon recovery sent over all the positive energy we got over here our thoughts are with you and your family!

André

Dear Bob,I send you my prayers and thoughts.Being strong and positive shoul really help you.Keep hope alive.Best wishesDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.