Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mike_2011

AutoLand 747

I was on final for runway 18L at KCVG Land 3 was armed I landed but half of the Landing Gear was out of the runway the rest was in the rwy.Is this a problem could it be winds?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds like a AFCAD issue, The ILS can sometimes not be fully centre in some default and add on scenerys. I have flown long haul into some airports and found the ILS to be off and just handflown the rest. Makes me think, if it was my first time into the field and it was CATIII conditions I would be pretty pi**ed! It's rare but it does happen.Rob

Sounds like a AFCAD issue, The ILS can sometimes not be fully centre in some default and add on scenerys. I have flown long haul into some airports and found the ILS to be off and just handflown the rest. Makes me think, if it was my first time into the field and it was CATIII conditions I would be pretty pi**ed! It's rare but it does happen.Rob
I thought it could be that but I never have experienced from the hundreds of Auto Lands I have done in the past

How come ILS freq differ from FS NAV to the ones in the FMC?

Michael, do you mean why do MSFS freqs differ from pmdg FMS data? In that case, it is because MSFS uses data that is static, not updated. If you mean a third party program called FS NAV then I don't know but suspect it is still an issue of currency. Frequencies do change as well as runway numbers and just about everything in the navdata. The navdata from Navigraph is usually current and correct.

Michael, do you mean why do MSFS freqs differ from pmdg FMS data? In that case, it is because MSFS uses data that is static, not updated. If you mean a third party program called FS NAV then I don't know but suspect it is still an issue of currency. Frequencies do change as well as runway numbers and just about everything in the navdata. The navdata from Navigraph is usually current and correct.
But each time I update the navdata in the FMC does it update it on FS as well cause none off the freq provided with the FMC will tune in the LOC or GS

The only way to change the facility data in MSFS is to either use a modified AFCAD or bgl scenery file. The navdata used by pmdg does not have any affect on MSFS.When MSFS has an obsolete frequency and navdata is current, you have to use the MCDU/CDU to set the MSFS frequency to use that navaid, or you can update MSFS with addon scenery or a modified AFCAD.

The only way to change the facility data in MSFS is to either use a modified AFCAD or bgl scenery file. The navdata used by pmdg does not have any affect on MSFS.When MSFS has an obsolete frequency and navdata is current, you have to use the MCDU/CDU to set the MSFS frequency to use that navaid, or you can update MSFS with addon scenery or a modified AFCAD.
But If I change it on the FMC to the freq MSFS uses it says RWY/ILS freq incorrect and it wont let me do an AutoLand

I have had to change the nav freq and I think autoland was available. It has been a year since that happened, but I am pretty sure it will work.