Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

Opinions on Precision Flight Controls desk top yokes

Hi allI am in desperate need of help from you guys regarding the desk top yokes by precision flight controls at-http://www.flypfc.com/yokes.htmlespecially the Mooney and the Saab models.I have tried both the ch yoke and recently the saitek pro and found these 'sticky' The saitek is only 2 months old.The 'stickyness' makes all flight manoeuvrings very jerky and this makes landings impossible.I read somewhere about the precision products and thought I will ask for help form you guys.Please tell me if these are as sticky as the other 2 brands or notand is the up and down movement as smooth as it was mentioned in one of reviews as 'cutting through butter with knife'?I hope you will share your opinions as I do not want to go back to using the joy stick for flying the heavies.Many thanksQas

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

PFC is what many builders use before they actually move up to something they have engineered themselves. Though it really doesn't get any better than this for off-the-shelf.When you advance far enough into the building hobby, you can engineer a great deal of improvement as all you are buying is the material. Your hobby time costs nothing.Many builders can engineer dual linked systems that rival the aircraft manufacturers.

I use PFC's Cirrus II with radio stack and rudder pedals and love them. I think their special for the yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant is a good deal considering they would last most simmers a lifetime of use. I have used the CH and Saitek side by side comparing with the PFC and the PFC unit makes them really feel like toys in comparison.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

They are toys in comparison.

I use PFC's Cirrus II with radio stack and rudder pedals and love them. I think their special for the yoke, pedals and throttle quadrant is a good deal considering they would last most simmers a lifetime of use. I have used the CH and Saitek side by side comparing with the PFC and the PFC unit makes them really feel like toys in comparison.
Thanks everyone for your comments-Can you please tell me if you experience the 'sticky' 'jerky' movement with the cirrus as well on landing/take offs and other flight maneuvers.This is my biggest issue about saitek and ch products although the saitek is less.The other questions is can you recommend any good cheap sellers because I am in UK and the postal cost is about third the purchase price.Many thanksQas

Thanks everyone for your comments-Can you please tell me if you experience the 'sticky' 'jerky' movement with the cirrus as well on landing/take offs and other flight maneuvers.This is my biggest issue about saitek and ch products although the saitek is less.The other questions is can you recommend any good cheap sellers because I am in UK and the postal cost is about third the purchase price.Many thanksQas
Qas,Pete Dowson is selling some of the hardware he has. Check this site http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=74946Tom

Hello,I live in UK and have a PFC desktop Yoke. SAAB style. See website. It is in the loft collecting dust asI have no time anymore for simming. As good as new apart from one of the buttons has stopped working. I may be interested in selling it. If you are interested drop me an email. nawarren@lineone.net CheersNeil

Hello,I live in UK and have a PFC desktop Yoke. SAAB style. See website. It is in the loft collecting dust asI have no time anymore for simming. As good as new apart from one of the buttons has stopped working. I may be interested in selling it. If you are interested drop me an email. nawarren@lineone.net CheersNeil
Does that yoke has a shift button to allow extra programming of the button, etc?

Does that yoke has a shift button to allow extra programming of the button, etc?
How do you pan around the VC with no hat switch?Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

How do you pan around the VC with no hat switch?Andrew
Excellent question? lol I guess we would have to use TrackIR equipment, or that four legged mouse.