Sign in to follow this  
Djeez1

Getting started on puzzle challenge

Hi,This is going to be my first scenery project, so I would appreciate if someone could help me on getting started.What I am going to do is make a navigational puzzle challenge for my local flightsim club. What I would like to do is put boxes with letters on them in the scenery so that pilots navigating around can puzzle words together. My idea was to take some kind of box object, copy it 26 times, draw a letter on them, and put them in flightsimulator (area 100x100 nm or so).What would the best way to start, and what tools to use? It is only a one time event, so no fancy things required. Just quickly get the job done.Thanks in advance!Djeez.

Emile van Gerwen.

Hi,Which FS version are you planning to make this for?You'd need a tool to create 3D objects. Nowadays GMax and FSDS are the two most often used ones. But GMax has some learning curve and FSDS is payware. So for a one time event that might not be what you are looking for.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Which FS version are you planning to make this for?
Hi Arno,It is for FS9. I was wondering if it is possible to take an existing object, like a crate or shed, and paint a letter on it without having to learn 3D object modelling. On my search I came across your ObPlacer XML tool but have I as of yet no clue how to use it for my purposes.I have programmed many addons and abl-adventures for various flightsim versions but I know I have not the talent for creating visual things so I never dared to try scenery development.Groetjes,Djeez.

Emile van Gerwen.