Sign in to follow this  

Lonny Payne 757panel: need help

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,i'm using LP panel coupled with IFDG v.2 AA.Can anyone experienced explain why i cannot get VF - AB button to work?[c]http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/4551.jpg[/c]If i click on them nothing seem to happenThanks in advanceLuigi ;-)

Guest Jozef_K

Just read the manual which came with the panel, is is explained there!VF is your Virtual First Officer. When enabled (by default) you will hear the co-pilot make various call outs during the normal phases of flight, such as "Gear Up, "V1", "Minimums" etc.AB is for the Auto Speed Bugs in the airspeed gauge. This system will automatically set the speed bugs to the correct values (depending on the gross weight) if you select the Takeoff or Approach page of the FMC with the AB system activated. Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Jozef,i know very well what do VF and AB mean: the fact is that those gauges don't work at all.Also just landed at KLAX and both flaps and speedbrake didn't work!!!!Hard landing indeed. Think i'll go back to my previous panel (D'ATTOMO).cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest Jozef_K

Luigi,Hm, strange. I have no problems with that panel or those two gauges. Are we talking about the same thing? VF and AB don't do anything to the flaps or speedbrakes. They are merely switches to activate those references: one aural (First Officers voice), the other visual (speed bugs).I use the IFDG B757-200 aircraft with this panel without any problem. Even the auto land function works properly.Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

>Hi friends,>i'm using LP panel coupled with IFDG v.2 AA.>Can anyone experienced explain why i cannot get VF - AB button>to work?Well, let's see... the green LED seems to come on...What are you expecting to happen?Do you hear the voice callouts?Do you see the speed bugs appear?That's all they're supposed to do!BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

>Well, let's see... the green LED seems to come on...>>What are you expecting to happen?>>Do you hear the voice callouts?NO AT ALL!! Never worked for me using AA 757 IFDG.>>Do you see the speed bugs appear?YESHi Bill,can you please tell me why Spoiler gauge doesn't work (It sticks in off position) and Flaps lever works but flaps gauge on main panel+ flaps do not move?Maybe i mixed up something starting the OH panel?ThanksLuigi ;-)

>>Do you hear the voice callouts?>>NO AT ALL!! Never worked for me using AA 757 IFDG.Make sure that the .wav files for the callouts went into the FS2002Sound folder, and not the aircraft's sound folder. Even then, make sure that the .wav files are not in both places... since duplicate .wav files will prevent them from loading. I assume that all you are hearing is a 'ding' noise whenever you expect to hear the voice callouts... :)>Hi Bill,>can you please tell me why Spoiler gauge doesn't work (It>sticks in off position) and Flaps lever works but flaps gauge>on main panel+ flaps do not move?>Maybe i mixed up something starting the OH panel?>ThanksI'll have to take a look at it later when I get home Luigi, but have you tried asking Lonny directly?BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg

Hi,To test the AB switch simply make sure the green light is on and then open the take-off page in the FMS and see if the bugs move. Also you can change the flap setting on the take-off page and they should move as well. I am not sure what the problem is with the sound files. Make sure they are in the main sound folder and not the aircraft sound folder. Make sure you read all the documantation. The spoilers have to be armed using the handle. You cannot arm them using the keyboard. I wanted to program all the logic in them as in the real aircraft and this was the only way to do it. If you are using an aircraft besides the one included, you have to make some cahnges to the aircraft.cfg file. There is a file called "aircraft configuration files" that is in the DOCS folder that will explain all the changes. This may be why your flaps are not working.Lonny

When I installed the latest upgrade-gu2 the 757 would not load.The hourglass just keeps running and I have to ctrl-alt delete to get out.I installed the panel cfg for the 757.If I replace it with the panel cfg for ver gu1 the plane loads.Any suggestions?Great panel.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks for suggestions Lonny.cheersLuigi ;-)