Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Your favorite short flights?

PHHN to PHOG on the island of Maui. Takeoff on runway 8 and choose which way to turn, left or right. Going right takes you a little longer. Use something slow and enjoy the ride!

Thanks!Interesting you say that - I tried the Hawaii challenge, and really liked it, until I was supposed to land and there were trees at the end of the runway... aaaack!I'll try it.Cheers

PHHN to PHOG on the island of Maui. Takeoff on runway 8 and choose which way to turn, left or right. Going right takes you a little longer. Use something slow and enjoy the ride!

- Bangkok(VTBD) to Phuket(VTSP) and return. About 60mins each way.- Manila(RPLL) to Kalibo(RPVK) and return. About 30mins each way.- Sydney(YSSY) to Brisbane(YBBN) and return. About 60mins each way.

Matthew S

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

M

Guest j-mo

until I was supposed to land and there were trees at the end of the runway... aaaack!Search the library for Lumberjack. Takes care of the problem.

Nothing beats a Las Vegas to Grand Canyon flight! (KGCN) Either from McCarran (KLAS) or North Las Vegas (KVGT). You can fly right through the canyon visually if you want to! Great with the New OZ Grand Canyon scenery!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I love the Hawaiian flights as well. I also love flying around the Puget Sound around Seattle. It can be scary at times with all the $100 hamburger fliers on sundays though!Some trips to try are.Start at KBFI and travel to these destinations. KTIW for great sandwiches with an approach to runway 35 you are looking straight at a cliff. KPWT for amazing fish and chips and if you are on the ILS to runway 19 you can checkout the Bremerton Naval Base with its large ships and to the left you can see the Bangor sub base. KPWT for a nice view of the US and Canada. S18 for a fun little town in the Olympic rain forest. KFHR for a near death experience every time you enter the pattern but at least the town is a nice place to get a beer after the near death experience! Most of these airports have great scenery here on AVSIM that really brings them to life.

NZWN (Wellington) to NZNS (Nelson) is a nice flight. 35 minutes chock to chock in (say) a Dash 8 or Beech 1900D. Nice coastline, 5000 ft amsl hills and a VOR/DME approach into NZNS if the weather is a factor.CheersJames

Guest brittanydva238

Atlanta, GA to Birmingham, Alabama (flt time is 30 minutes). If Birmingham is landing on runway 6, and the weather is clear, I come in from the east and fly over Mountain Brook, and then line myself up with Samford University. Right when I pass over Samford, I start my turn slowly to the right (any faster, and I fly dangerously close to the TV towers on Red Mountain). I then try to find I-65, and aim the plane to follow that highway, while descending to 2,000 feet. Then when I get close to the I-65/I-59 interchange, I turn to final.

Guest magnum_force
Atlanta, GA to Birmingham, Alabama (flt time is 30 minutes). If Birmingham is landing on runway 6, and the weather is clear, I come in from the east and fly over Mountain Brook, and then line myself up with Samford University. Right when I pass over Samford, I start my turn slowly to the right (any faster, and I fly dangerously close to the TV towers on Red Mountain). I then try to find I-65, and aim the plane to follow that highway, while descending to 2,000 feet. Then when I get close to the I-65/I-59 interchange, I turn to final.
Also, KSLC to KJAC. And KLAS to KPSP. KPSP is a "Special Aircraft Special Aircrew" airport.At night it is a very nice high terrain airport to practice at.KDEN to KASE is allot of fun, but only daylight. KASE is a dusk to dawn curfew airport anyways because they were losing to many planes.Cheers.

Want some short flights? Here's a few.Take off from KEWR runway 4L, turn right, land KJFK runway 13R.Take off from KAUW runway 12, turn right, land KCWA runway 26.Take off from KSEA runway 34R, turn right, turn left, immediately land KBFI runway 31L.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.