Sign in to follow this  
Guest jerry36869

FS9 Performance

Guest jerry36869

Fellow SimmersIn the process of obtaining better performance w/FS9 I've beefed up everything.AMD Core2 Processor 3.1Ghz, 3GB Ram ATI Radeon 3800 w/512 and 4Gig of Swap file on second hard drive.I remember reading here somewhere about moving scenery files to improve performance, but can't find it.My only other 3rd party programs running during FS9 are F2Crew and FsPassenger.I love my ATR72-500, but am determined to improve this performance delimma.ThanksJerry

Guest lgvpilot1

Are we talking about add-on Scenery files here ?I have to admit I dont recall any recent posts about moving scenery files to gain performanceAnd to be honest with that system , If it does'nt smoke FS9 of the bat , I would stick it back in the box and send it back :( Mark

Guest jerry36869
Are we talking about add-on Scenery files here ?I have to admit I dont recall any recent posts about moving scenery files to gain performanceAnd to be honest with that system , If it does'nt smoke FS9 of the bat , I would stick it back in the box and send it back :( Mark
MarkYes, Scenery files. Don't get me wrong FS9 works like a champ, I was just concerned about improvments. The only system demanding software is the ATR, but even it works fine. My problem comes in when more scenery gets involved on approach.Maybe I read it somewhere like under scenery files & performance or scenery add on files. I'll keep looking.I also have FSX and that is another can of worms I'd rather not discuss...Thanks Jerry

Guest lgvpilot1
MarkYes, Scenery files. Don't get me wrong FS9 works like a champ, I was just concerned about improvments. The only system demanding software is the ATR, but even it works fine. My problem comes in when more scenery gets involved on apprach
You would be surprised at how many people have "refresh scenery" configured on their joystick.Could be something to look at as an option Mark

Guest RonB49

Hi Jerry,Are you referring to Ultimate Defrag? That defragger will move the scenery and texture files (or any files that you wish) to the outermost tracks on your disc and make accessing them faster. R-

Guest jerry36869
You would be surprised at how many people have "refresh scenery" configured on their joystick.Could be something to look at as an option Mark
MarkThanks, I'll check into it. I never thought of that...May workJerry

Guest jerry36869
Hi Jerry,Are you referring to Ultimate Defrag? That defragger will move the scenery and texture files (or any files that you wish) to the outermost tracks on your disc and make accessing them faster. R-
RonI am currently using Defragler 1.07 As of Feb 09.I will see if it has the options to move them.The computer I fly on was updated again yesterday.AMD Phenom 9550 2.21 Quad coreI also understand FS9 only uses single core.3 GB RAM & ATI 8400 w/5124 GB Page File (swap file)Jerry
Mark The computer I fly on was updated again yesterday.AMD Phenom 9550 2.21 Quad coreI also understand FS9 only uses single core.3 GB RAM & ATI 8400 w/5124 GB Page File (swap file)Jerry