Sign in to follow this  
speedbird2001

Aircraft Merging into buildings

Hi EveryoneI could never get to the bottom why this happens. Could someone help me? This is a really nice really scenery package that replaces a good number of Norway airports that I recently downloaded. I suppose the two questions are 1. How does it happen (I will hazard a guess and show my ignorance and say that there is some lack of compatabilty between the texture files and afcad) and 2. What can I do to sort it out? This package simply replaced the default airport ( Hand on heart there was no fiddling around) :( I would really appreciate some guidance. It is a shame because other than what is shown it is a really nice package. Many thanks in advance. Tristan.

Thanks for the quick answers. Much appreciated. It seems really strange to me that a lot of time and effort went into developing this great scenery and I am very very grateful for that. Yet why take the trouble to do this when the results show aircraft sticking in to buildings. I would rather uninstall the package back to the default. I have always strugggled to get to grips with editing AFCAD's, although the manual is buried really deep some where at home. I just assumed that I was doing something wrong or the package came with an AFCAD. Does anyone know where I can get an AFCAD with this scenery ? Many thanks Tristan.

Guest RonB49

Have you written to the author of the scenery package and asked for his/her advice? R-

Well the good news is that I have sorted it. All I did was to browse AVSIM and downloaded a AFCAD for the same airport. I was expecting a disaster with a lot of duplication but everything looks good. I wonder whether the scenery was created without an AFCAD ??? I don't know I am no expert. Anyway thanks for all your help and suggestions. The AFCAD was by Gabriele Iacono and the scenery was by By Kjell Arild Bersaas and Arne Sundsbo. Thanks Guys.

I did a "search by author" in the Avsim library and found this - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=rootOne of the files - norap2004_2.zip - says in the description -

No AFCADs included, but will be available for download at the website, http://www.flightsim.no/norway.
If this is the file you used, might be best to go to their website and get their AF2 file.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif