Sign in to follow this  
Guest saudek

MD11X installation has made my 744X unusable

Guest saudek

Hi there, I wish I wouldn't have to post a question on this forum, but here is my question.I have purshased and installed the brand new PMDG MD11 for FSX. After a few days of test, I was back in a 747 mood. But once I was in the cockpit I realised the PMDG 744X that I bought a year ago seems to be desactivated. It's like It's not registered while it actually is and it worked properly before the MD11X installation.Any clue about it?Kevin SAUDE.

It could be something with the redistributable libraries. I would try to do a repair with the installer see if that works.I installed my 747X after the MD11 but did some MD11 updates during beta then found I had to reinstall the 747x (completly remove and install) but my symptoms were different. Instead of black screens I was missing textures (I had a cockpit and cabin but no fuselage). Still don't understand it but I have seen black displays and which is a validation problem, but also black displays and even the place where the CDU/FMS goes is black... that is a library problem.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest saudek
It could be something with the redistributable libraries. I would try to do a repair with the installer see if that works.I installed my 747X after the MD11 but did some MD11 updates during beta then found I had to reinstall the 747x (completly remove and install) but my symptoms were different. Instead of black screens I was missing textures (I had a cockpit and cabin but no fuselage). Still don't understand it but I have seen black displays and which is a validation problem, but also black displays and even the place where the CDU/FMS goes is black... that is a library problem.Hope this helps.
I have the same symptoms. I'm gonna try to repair or reinstall if necessary. thank god I kept the installer, I wouldn't want to be charged for that.I'll keep you informed.