Sign in to follow this  
CaptEm1

Best AI Traffic Addon

HeyI'm dying to buy a realistic AI traffic pack, so the question is real easy, What is the best AI traffic addon out there? Please feel free to post pros and cons about the different ones if you have any!Thanks! Captem

I have just installed Just Flight's Traffic X, so I will let you know what I think of it as soon as I can!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have just installed Just Flight's Traffic X, so I will let you know what I think of it as soon as I can!
Thank you, anyone else got any input on this?

Thank you, anyone else got any input on this?
Hey dont think I am stalking you!!! :( (Cheyenne forum...)I have the freeware solution WOAI right now, downside is, in FSX DX10 preview some of the AC dont show textures.I have read somewhere, that Flight1 will bring Ultimate Traffic 2, it looks promising, but dont know when they will launch.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/ut2/Sorry dont wanna step on someones feet, but IMO there is not really a good payware package on the market, WOAI is for free and easy, just the pain of DL all the packages.CheersMcDan

I have MyTrafficX 5.2, and find it to be easy to install and configure. Updates/patches are easily applied through its 'Communicator' utility. You can choose to install either Quality or Framerate Friendly (Less Quality) models, which include aircraft such as the Airbus A380. Flightplans flown by the airlines represented in the package are close to realistic (I've often flown a real-world schedule in FSX and found myself chasing or being followed by the same airline's aircraft in AI) with some random flightplans added to keep traffic buzzing around, and include military aircraft. You do occasionally see the odd model with no texture applied, but these are few and far between.

Guest Stewe
I have MyTrafficX 5.2, and find it to be easy to install and configure. Updates/patches are easily applied through its 'Communicator' utility. You can choose to install either Quality or Framerate Friendly (Less Quality) models, which include aircraft such as the Airbus A380. Flightplans flown by the airlines represented in the package are close to realistic (I've often flown a real-world schedule in FSX and found myself chasing or being followed by the same airline's aircraft in AI) with some random flightplans added to keep traffic buzzing around, and include military aircraft. You do occasionally see the odd model with no texture applied, but these are few and far between.
Agreed, altough ive seen ATC clear many a plane to FL600 (Usually American Eagle ERJS), but other wise MTX is the best payware AI package out there.

I know you said payware, but wonder why.I have just installed a full set of World of AI packages into FSX and found that to be pretty painless.http://www.world-of-ai.com/

ngxu_banner.png

well i am waiting for ultimate traffic 2 from flight1. unfortunately, i have no idea when its is comming out, though i had heard early 2009 but we all know what that can really mean.

Guest 56th_Angel_Dust

I have My Traffic X ProsNice to hear something and see something besides the default aircraftSystem runs smoother than with default aircraftYou can add downloaded aircraft (somehow really have not tried this yet)Adds helicopter trafficConsAircraft are not all that great lookingIts a good add on if you ask me the only thing I did not like about it was the different looks of the AI aircraft, some looked great and some decent and then some looked very shabby (mostly the military flights)

Guest sssummer
I have the freeware solution WOAI right now, downside is, in FSX DX10 preview some of the AC dont show textures.
FYI, I tried Add On Converter X from Flightsimtools, and it fixes the problem you mention here.

Guest jaskanFactor

What you want to get is TrafficX from JustFlight. Make sure to download the service pack 1 also. That is if the contents of the service pack have not been integrated into the release you purchase.1 - Aircfraft Model is Great2 - FRame Rate Friendly3 - And since thier service pack 1, you get good distribution of traffic around world airports.4 - Its ther best out there.5 - Never get freeware stuff, unless you got time to waste rather than fly.

I'd recommend ignoring any commentary about "forgetting freeware stuff" and go try World of AI. My skies are now full (100% sliders) of real world aircraft with no noticeable performance hit at all. Install was painless, and it's free so you've got nothing to lose.Highly recommended.

Guest Mower
I'd recommend ignoring any commentary about "forgetting freeware stuff" and go try World of AI.
Disagree: I have looked at WOAI and it is labor intensive...I wanna fly, not screw the pooch manually installing this stuff for hours.I have both MT5.2 and TrafficX and both are good.

I have read somewhere, that Flight1 will bring Ultimate Traffic 2, it looks promising, but dont know when they will launch. Is it me, or is that Jet Blue flight out of San Juan following airways?!

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”