Sign in to follow this  
CaptEm1

Best AI Traffic Addon

I guess it depends on what you consider labour intensive. I downloaded the installer, then nabbed all the airliners I wanted. Admittedly I didn't get all of them, but all the names I recognized which was a substantial portion. I figure if I have airlines flying around I've never even heard of, I might as well stick to "Orbit". ;) Anyway, after getting those it was a pretty simple affair to get them installed using the installer... honestly didn't take much time at all and certainly not hours. Since then, I cranked the traffic up to 100% in FSX and haven't thought about it since which is what I was after. Install it, and forget it.

Disagree: I have looked at WOAI and it is labor intensive...I wanna fly, not screw the pooch manually installing this stuff for hours.I have both MT5.2 and TrafficX and both are good.

WOAI was a nightmare for me. Nice models but I had all kinds of trouble with compiling errors.Canada was ignored up until just recently. Years went by with no Air Canada. Promises of a FSX installer since almost FSX was released. :-(I know it's free but still. Forced me to go to payware.

JaskanFactor,Does Service Pack 1 increase the number of parking positions at UK airports? Also, do I need to do anything after installation to see small GA planes operating from quiet airfields, and military aircraft at Air Force bases?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Disagree: I have looked at WOAI and it is labor intensive...I wanna fly, not screw the pooch manually installing this stuff for hours.I have both MT5.2 and TrafficX and both are good.
Hi Mower,Would you mind giving us a performance comparison between MT5.2 and TrafficX? I would appreciate it.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

I have My Traffic 5.1 and the upgrade 5.2. While I enjoy My Traffic and it's easy to use, quite a large number of the military skins are terrible looking. Not good if you are into plane watching, not a problem if you are not. Whereas, most if not all of the MAIW and WOA skins look great.

Guest jaskanFactor
JaskanFactor,Does Service Pack 1 increase the number of parking positions at UK airports? Also, do I need to do anything after installation to see small GA planes operating from quiet airfields, and military aircraft at Air Force bases?
Does Service Pack 1 increase the number of parking positions at UK airports??? I dont know about this, but the UK airports look realistically livelly to me.Also, do I need to do anything after installation to see small GA planes operating from quiet airfields??? The traffic distribution of the updated trafficx is quite good, but remember that this is also affected by the GA traffic slider setting you have in FSX. But the improved trafficx has got traffic distribution every bit as good as the famous Mytraffic 5.x which is what i used to use. But the frame rates and models from Trafficx is far much better.and military aircraft at Air Force bases??? This is still an issue, you do see sufficient military traffic in the sky, using FSX traffic explorer, but the military bases are most often quite empty. I have seen a post on Trafficx support site complaining about this, but no fix yet. But the jets look good though. However some people say they dont have the problem, but i do.Anyway i dont like the site of military jets anymore this days, killing innocent women and children is about all they good for this days. Trafficx Forum http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topics.a...9a453ffz9c865cc1 - The initial release of trafficx had good looking planes with good frame rates, but very poorly distributed traffic, so many regional airports were ghost town, and international airports were so busy FSX is a slide show with frames rates near the floor.2 - With the service pack 1, i get very good civil traffic all over the world, as i like to randomly fly from any point A to point B allover the world. So you will get very good traffic distribution all over the world inculding small airports.3 - I found in order to get increased traffic at those smaller airports, all you need do is set the GA traffic slider in FSX a bit higher compared to the airliner traffic. So my GA slider is equal to or higher than my airliner slider in FSX settings4 - I am not very kin on seeing lots of props flying about, so i also went to trafficx trafficConrolCentre, where i increased the ratio of business jets, and decreased the prop traffic.If you get good payware like trafficx, all you need do is install and go, and if need be adjust settings.If you get freeware then its 60% messing about , 40%flying. And if you get payware 95% SKy High. But if you got the time and enjoy messing with files, then free is fair.

-----------> Steve CannellThat's a pretty scurrilous post regarding WoAI.There is now a fully functional FSX installer and has been since the end of 2006 by the looks of it, so I don't know what time period you are referring to, but not a relevant one it appears.As of today, there are 8 airlines for Canada, inc. Air Canada & Air Canada Jazz. they are both version 3, so given the Summer/Winter issue cycle, that implies they have been there for 18 months at least.I compiled the virtually the whole WoAI catalogue in a couple of hours with no errors whatsoever.You paid you money and took your chance and are entitled to do that but best not to casually slag off highly commited freeware people without the benefit of current facts I think.

ngxu_banner.png