Sign in to follow this  
Check_Airman

Engine failure, AP1, and eeper

Hey guys,I had an engine 3 failure today, and noticed the following message:AP1 PITCH TRIM INOP. USE AP2However, AP1 continued to function normally. I was also amazed at the engine out handling qualities of the airplane. It was hardly noticeable that I had lost the #3 engine. Is this because of RCWS?On an unrelated note, after shutdown on a recent flight, I noticed the EPR readings were all 0.90. I don't quite understand all the physics behind it, but I thought the EPR only fell below 1.00 in the descent. Can somebody explain this please?ThanksPaul

Confirmed the AP1 trim still working.On that unrelated note, i believe its the whole "round off numbers" logic thingy, its probably showing 0.999. Im sure if a couple people blew into the engine it would bump it to 1.0 :(

Confirmed the AP1 trim still working.On that unrelated note, i believe its the whole "round off numbers" logic thingy, its probably showing 0.999. Im sure if a couple people blew into the engine it would bump it to 1.0 :(
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll triple check that pitch trim thing and add it to our list if necessary.About the engine indications: You're right it should not show 0.9 EPR when shut down. However the PW shut-down sequence is already planned to get an update, there are a few other things not quite correct yet.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard