Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

Any way to pan using a mouse?

I don't think you can in 2D mode. I can make hidden xmls in each corner of a 2D panel that when clicking can open the ((fixed windows)). Of course if you use Active Camera 1.3, you can truely pan in any virtual cockpit.[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

Sure, Ken. Just use the freeware ActiveCamera Pro add-on. I believe it's available here. You can toggle mouse panning in the VC on/off using a hotkey and get a lot of other great features as well. Give it a try!thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest JonP01

I have to agree that Active Camera is one of the best add-ons ever in terms of improving the sense of realism. And so far as I can see there is no performance hit either, which I found surprising considering the extra real-time calculations required to run some of the feaures. What baffles me though is that other game developers have been incorporating such features as head shake and / or virtual mouse panning in their games since (at least) 1998, and Microsoft has still not taken the hint. I should add I'm actually a little concerned that the Active Camera concept may be extremely difficult to adapt to FS9 on account of the new interactive virtual cockpits in FS9. Time will of course tell on that one.

Guest cwright

> What baffles me though is>that other game developers have been incorporating such>features as head shake and / or virtual mouse panning in their>games since (at least) 1998, and Microsoft has still not taken>the hint................... I agree. The view system has hardly changed since FS95, and it's extremely limited. I think Microsoft must hate the mouse, as in FS2002 there's no mouse panning and they actually took out the very useful mouse as yoke feature. Hopefully Active Camera will inspire Microsoft to do better in FS2004.... Best regards, Chris