Sign in to follow this  
Ralgh

MD-11 Thrust derate

In the engine section of the systems manual on page ENG 30.5 it mentions takeoff climb and go around thrust derates of 10% and 20% and that they would show up as TO1 TO2 CLB1 and CLB2 etc. I can't find anywhere in any of the manuals how I could select those settings. I would like to set a reduced climb thrust because the plane climbs faster than normally seen in the real world even at heavy weights. I am often seeing pitch angles at or near 15 degrees nose up and vertical speeds in excess of 3000 feet per minute below 10,000 feet and 25o knots. . Having never flown a real MD-11 I can't say for sure that this is not normal for that plane but I have flown 727, 737, F100 and spent way more than my share of time on the 757 and 767 jumpseats and almost never see this kind of performance in the real world.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

PMDG did not model any of the thrust derates (TO, CLB or GA). The only reduced thrust method available is the assumed temperature (aka FLEX) method.