Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

MD11 FS9: Trans Alt (CLB PAGE)?

HiWhat is purpose of entering transition altitude in CLB and DESC page?.Because I didn't notice that something warn me about changing to STD setting.In Airbus or Boeing if you put 5000ft as transition, it will start blinking at PFD.ThanksHas

The MD11 doesn't remind you to set the altimeter, unless you use checklists. Nice of real ATC to always provide an altimeter setting when giving a descent clearance, kinda acts as a reminder.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan.So, entering this data is not necessary, because system does not use this data for anything. Little bit strange logic.Has

The MD11 doesn't remind you to set the altimeter, unless you use checklists. Nice of real ATC to always provide an altimeter setting when giving a descent clearance, kinda acts as a reminder.

The MD does of sorts, as the TA defines whether FL (standard pressure) or altitudes (QNH) are shown on the display units...I think it is particularly cool that you can enter different TAs for dep/arr airports... I don't restrict my flying to the continental US... Andrew

Maybe I am mistaken (can't check it right now) but I seem to recall that when you press B underneath the trans alt, it simply sets the current QNH, everytime you press it. But when you press B above the trans alt, it switches between standard QNH and current QNH. So setting a different trans alt does make a difference. If I'm not mistaken...

Almost Jercen - pressing B below 18000 in FS will set local pressure and STD above (wish that was adjustable lol. The TA is put in the fmc basically as a reminder though as for landing the transition level varies and is given by atc as decend to xxx feet/metres so setting the TA for descent is only a vague altitude level.I suppose that's why on most charts you'll see, for example, TA 18000 and TL by ATC. (as it depends on pressure, etc). As Dan said the MD11 doesn't remind you like the Queen did. Quite a failing all in all I think as easilly missed in FS, not so for real as the checklists prevail.Suppose they should in FS too :( ah well, such is life lolJohn E