Sign in to follow this  
Guest leptokurt

I've done everything right, what's wrong acceleration?

Guest leptokurt

It doesn't get cleaner than this. I built a new Core i7 system last week - installed WinXP x64 w/ service pack 1 and everything runs fine. After installing the audio and video drivers (nvidia 181.22) I began the FSX installation. 2 hours later I was flying. I spent a couple hours playing with FSX to make sure everything was fine. It seemed to be. I rebooted, defragged, and rebooted again, then loaded the acceleration DVD.Installation went smoothly in only about a half hour's time. Rebooted, defragged, and rebooted some more. Now I launch FSX - the computer hangs on the splash scress for about 5 minutes, then when the main menu finally comes the program hijacks all my computer's resources and the system is frozen. Not even the mouse moves. There is no indication that the software is extracting anything - it just locks everything up and I eventually have to hit the power supply switch.I figure that if this happening under these circumstances then it must be a common problem with a known solution. I see many in the forums stating that add-ons must be removed, but I don't have any add-ons! What now?Thanks to anyone who can point me to a solution.

Did you install SP 1 or 2 for fsx, you dont need too , its included in acceleration, it just wants a clean basic FSX install.

Guest leptokurt

I did just the clean FSX install w/ no service packs.My Windows 64 is only at service pack 1 though. I guess I should upgrade it through MS's website to service pack 2. If this turns out to fix it, great, it's ridiculous thought that the consequence of having not installed sp2 be so severe. (and that there's no message saying that sp2 is required)

I did just the clean FSX install w/ no service packs.My Windows 64 is only at service pack 1 though. I guess I should upgrade it through MS's website to service pack 2. If this turns out to fix it, great, it's ridiculous thought that the consequence of having not installed sp2 be so severe. (and that there's no message saying that sp2 is required)
That is not the problem. I also have Vista 64 with SP1 and everything runs fine. Delete the fsx.cfg file and let FSX rebuild it. Maybe it helps.By the way, this thread should be in the hardware or FSX forum, not here.Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest leptokurt

Here's my update - it's good news. I uninstalled acceleration, installed service pack 2 (for XP 64), and reinstalled acceleration. It seems to work like a charm now. -ridiculous, but happy to be flying.Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, the correct one wasn't clear. Let the moderators do as they wish.

Here's my update - it's good news. I uninstalled acceleration, installed service pack 2 (for XP 64), and reinstalled acceleration. It seems to work like a charm now. -ridiculous, but happy to be flying.Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, the correct one wasn't clear. Let the moderators do as they wish.
That's good. And I agree, that is kind of ridiculous. I thought this was going to be yet another ASUS P6T disaster thread. I have seen a few around the net lately.Regarding the OS, it is always good to 1) install OS, then 2) install all updates and Service Packs...do that FIRST before installing any applications at all.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB