Sign in to follow this  
Guest GMC

Navdata and Vatsim

Guest GMC

I have Airac 0901 and I don't expect getting any updates any time soon.I notice that for some of my favourite routes the 0901 seems to be behind the procedures published by AENA which now have some revisions... and my Jeppeson simcharts3 is late 90's so I expect a lot of changes there.Now I'm wondering, should I update my FMC's SID/STARS manually to the new data published by AENA or should I stay with the 0901 ? Can you offer any advice about how current VatSim are as regards real life approach plates ?I mean... are they pretty much current with real life, always use the latest navdata airac cycle or is there some other source I can rely on to be the final word on Vatsims approaches ?It isn't a big thing, but I'd like to stay in synch.I just don't want the first time I hear a 'TERTO-3-Charlie' or whatever to be when some controller unexpectedly hands it to me.Advice?-Gary

VATSIM controllers are pretty good about checking what you have in your flight plan. If you are worried about it, simply put "AIRAC0901 on board" in your notes, and MOST will be able to pull up their charts and see what exactly you have filed.If not, they will vector you where they want / need you to be. :)

I have Airac 0901 and I don't expect getting any updates any time soon.I notice that for some of my favourite routes the 0901 seems to be behind the procedures published by AENA which now have some revisions... and my Jeppeson simcharts3 is late 90's so I expect a lot of changes there.Now I'm wondering, should I update my FMC's SID/STARS manually to the new data published by AENA or should I stay with the 0901 ? Can you offer any advice about how current VatSim are as regards real life approach plates ?I mean... are they pretty much current with real life, always use the latest navdata airac cycle or is there some other source I can rely on to be the final word on Vatsims approaches ?It isn't a big thing, but I'd like to stay in synch.I just don't want the first time I hear a 'TERTO-3-Charlie' or whatever to be when some controller unexpectedly hands it to me.Advice?-Gary

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler