Sign in to follow this  
Guest lawyerpilot

boucing speedometer

i think its only when thers clouds and when im below them, but my speedometer like bounces around. not all over the place but like maybe from 225 to 230. it may be abouve the clouds also. i was doing a CS727 flight yesterday and i had that happen. does anyone else get this?Ada,

quite possible. but my plane wasnt shaking. it wasnt the altimeter but the speedometer and machometer.Adam

Adam,Pitot or Probe heaters turned on? Sounds like Icing if its only in the clouds. Just a thoughtRegardsPaul :-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi, wind shear is the answer... associated with turbulence and changing wind speed/directions. FS2002 models this (somewhat overkill) and you can turn down your turbulencescale value in fs2002.cfg (0.20 recommended for maximum realism). Hope that helps!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest lawyerpilot

for three hours, I can tell you that even heavy turbulence does not seem as bad in the cockpit because you are far away from the wing root. Passengers get it the worst. You will see the airspeed move back and forth, and feel some light bumps, but it is not that bad..if you set the turbulence setting in FS to about hal fo the default, it is much more accurate!! The plane just doesn't move much in turbulence from the cockpit perspective. In a smaller plane, you are much closer to the wing, so you feel the turbulence. Also, turbulence is always greatest below and in the cloud. The wind is usually shearing off the bottom of the cloud, hence the flat bottom and contoured top....much smoother at the level of the clouds or above...so much nicer to ride in the Arrow in RL once you can get up above the cloud layer, even if just scattered to broken.P4 1.8768 ram 80 gig hardriveVisiontek Ti4 4600CH yoke/pedalsElite Multi quadrant19" inch monitor-Soundblaster PCI 512Win XPInstrument rated ASEL -234 hoursAOPALawyerPilots Bar Association"Men without dreams are never free, twas thus this way and thus will ever be."