Any idea how to calibrate reverse from the detent near the end of the travel to the fully back position. On the CH throttles the potentiometers give a change in resistance that allows you to select reverse (via FSUIPC) by moving the throttles back past the detent to the fully back position. It does not seem to be possible to do this with the Saitek item because there does not seem to be any change in output.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Yes. Behind the detent on the Saitek throttle quad, the axis is actually a button. They show up in FSX as buttons 7, 8, and 9. You can assign individual reverse thrust by editing standard.xml in control folder (under documents and settings/microsoft/fsx/control) and assign the following under the heading for your Saitek throttle Quadrant:Index 6 below is the button below X Axis, Index 7 is below Y Axis and Index 8 is below Z Axis on the controller<Entry> <Index>6</Index> <Down>THROTTLE1_DECR</Down> <DownRpt>1</DownRpt> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>7</Index> <Down>THROTTLE2_DECR</Down> <DownRpt>1</DownRpt> </Entry>Save Standard.xml and you now have reverse thrust. The command <DownRpt>1</DownRpt> is the repeat when the button is held down.To disengage reverse thrust, you need to move the thrust lever just above the detent. Note that in Standard.xml, the index numbers are one less than the button number seem by DirectX, because the index starts at zero.

I'm reading this late since I just now am adding a 2nd Saitek TQ. How can I add reverse thrusters with the Saiteks in FS9?Jim D.

I'm reading this late since I just now am adding a 2nd Saitek TQ. How can I add reverse thrusters with the Saiteks in FS9?Jim D.
Assign the buttons at the bottom of the throttle range to the F2 key and you'll be good to go.Jim Harnes

Tried that before posting the question and it didn't work. Jim D.
I assigned the buttons to F2 with FSUPIC and it works. Can you provide details of how you assigned the buttons?Jim Harnes

Jim;I used FSUIPC also and assigned the F2 key in the "Buttons and Keys" section assigning the #8 button as indicated to the F2 key where it says "Key assignments". Maybe you could explain how you did it and I'll give it another shot.Thanks,Jim D.

Jim;I used FSUIPC also and assigned the F2 key in the "Buttons and Keys" section assigning the #8 button as indicated to the F2 key where it says "Key assignments". Maybe you could explain how you did it and I'll give it another shot.Thanks,Jim D.
Jim,I assigned each button which engages when the throttle levers are pulled into the reverse zone to the F2 key. Am away from my FS pc until late Sunday 22 FEB so don't remember the button numbers, but #8 doesn't sound right. Also made certain F2 was properly assigned in FS assignments.I'll post the button numbers of my setup Sunday evening when I get back to warm, sunny Deep South Texas from the cold, windy East Coast.Jim Harnes

Thanks Jim.Button #8 is what appears in FSUIPC when the lever is set to the lowest position, past the detent. Now the only other issue I'll have is that I have the F2 key assigned to the minimums set dial on the EFIS on the PMDG 737. Maybe what I'll do is try to reassign the throttle key in FS9 to an empty key. Don't know if it'll work, but I'll try. Maybe I'm making an issue here since I have as well the CH TQ already setup for the PMDG. I just like the feel of the Saitek a little better.I'll look forward to your reply soon.Jim D.EDIT: I have it figured out. Thanks for the help. Jim D.

Yes. Behind the detent on the Saitek throttle quad, the axis is actually a button. They show up in FSX as buttons 7, 8, and 9. You can assign individual reverse thrust by editing standard.xml in control folder (under documents and settings/microsoft/fsx/control) and assign the following under the heading for your Saitek throttle Quadrant:Index 6 below is the button below X Axis, Index 7 is below Y Axis and Index 8 is below Z Axis on the controller<Entry> <Index>6</Index> <Down>THROTTLE1_DECR</Down> <DownRpt>1</DownRpt> </Entry> <Entry> <Index>7</Index> <Down>THROTTLE2_DECR</Down> <DownRpt>1</DownRpt> </Entry>Save Standard.xml and you now have reverse thrust. The command <DownRpt>1</DownRpt> is the repeat when the button is held down.To disengage reverse thrust, you need to move the thrust lever just above the detent. Note that in Standard.xml, the index numbers are one less than the button number seem by DirectX, because the index starts at zero.
Is there a way I can use this trick with the throttle quadrant that hooks up to the yoke system? It doesn't show up in FSX as a separate controller so should I put this under the Yoke entry?

Is there a way I can use this trick with the throttle quadrant that hooks up to the yoke system? It doesn't show up in FSX as a separate controller so should I put this under the Yoke entry?
Hi Izamina.Here's what to do if you have a registered version of FSUIPC. In the 'Buttons + Switches' tab, select the box that says "Aircraft Specific". Move the lever desired for Throttle 1 into the lowest position. Check the box 'Select for FS control'. In the drop-down menu, select Throttle 1 Decr, then in the next lower box put a check where it says "Control to repeat while button held". In the lower drop-down menu select the Throttle Icr. Repeat for throttle 2 selecting the appropiate command. Save and you're all set to go. Click on the screen shot to enlage it. Any questions or help, repost here and I'll try to help you out. Oh, it doesn't matter if the TQ is connected to the yoke. One of mine is and FSUIPC will see it.Jim D.

Hi Izamina.Here's what to do if you have a registered version of FSUIPC. In the 'Buttons + Switches' tab, select the box that says "Aircraft Specific". Move the lever desired for Throttle 1 into the lowest position. Check the box 'Select for FS control'. In the drop-down menu, select Throttle 1 Decr, then in the next lower box put a check where it says "Control to repeat while button held". In the lower drop-down menu select the Throttle Icr. Repeat for throttle 2 selecting the appropiate command. Save and you're all set to go. Click on the screen shot to enlage it. Any questions or help, repost here and I'll try to help you out. Oh, it doesn't matter if the TQ is connected to the yoke. One of mine is and FSUIPC will see it.Jim D.
Thanks ilovetofly. I found out if you set the parameter (for button release) to 10, you can eliminate the need to pull throttles above indent.

Thanks ilovetofly. I found out if you set the parameter (for button release) to 10, you can eliminate the need to pull throttles above indent.
That's OK, but you want to close the reversers when you reach 80knts. Also, when moving out of the reverser position the spoilers are deactivated and move into the closed position. But, whatever suits your fancy. Glad you got it working.Jim D.

HelloYou may like to try Fsuipc set up like this for reverse thrust:Throttle will go to idle when leaving the detent

Thought since this thread has been left to it's own for about 5 years it's time someone wakes it up :wink:

Jokes set aside I have a follow-up question regarding mapping reverse thrust to the throttle levers of the Saikek TQ.

I'm using a registered version of FSUIPC and until now I've had both engines mapped to the same lever of the TQ and I then mapped F2 to the button found under the detent position of the lever with F1 pressed and held once the button is released. This has been working perfectly fine.

Now however I have bought a couple of 737 NG replica handles for my Saitek TQ meaning I no longer have both engines mapped to a single lever but instead I have each engine mapped to its own separate lever on the TQ and this is where my problem/question comes.

Having it configured like this I could of course still use the same method only that I map F2 and F1 for both buttons (one button under each lever's detent position). Doing it like this though will result in a problem. Whenever I move one of the engine levers below the detent position triggering reverse thrust it will force both engines into reverse thrust regardless of the position of the other lever since the button (F2) will not affect a single engine both both/all engines.

Obviously now that I have a separate lever/handle for engine 1 and 2 (I do all my flying in the NGX) this is not what I want but instead I would like to be able to reverse both engines separately in the same way I can increase/decrease thrust separately per engine.

Anyone knows how this can be accomplished?

Many thanks in advance!

Richard Åsberg