Sign in to follow this  

The Great Debate

Hello everybody-After reading all the posts concerning the fall of the ACES studio, I am shocked at the responses from fellow members.While the outrage towards Microsoft is warranted, some of us have truly misdirected it. I am speaking of the X-plane controversy. Those of you swearing to never "switch" to X-plane should seriously rethink that gesture. Microsoft is the company that broke your hearts. Microsoft is the company that fired those dedicated and talented ACES members. That is where you should focus your anger. Microsoft has no interest in your interests.Austin's remarks may seem a little heartless, but I am sure he didn't intend to offend anyone here or the ACES members. He simply wanted to express that X-plane is a valuable product, and now that Flight Simulator is being remodeled, it will be the only game is town (excuse the pun). I believe he wanted to reassure those who are interested, that X-plane has a bright future. Is it a perfect product? Most would say no, probably including Austin. However, I think his point is that he wants to continue making X-plane a better product. I think you'll all agree that Flight Simulator wasn't perfect either.Believe it or not, I do not own X-plane. Maybe it is time this year. Unlike like some of you, I am excited to see what happens next in our community. YouTube has some amazing videos of X-plane in action. I look forward to seeing how it develops. Flight Simulator was a wonderful product, but it is time to move on. We were stood up like a prom date by Microsoft, now lets promise to not answer when they call next time.Microsoft has lost me as a flight simulator customer. I will never purchase the next version of Flight Simulator whether it be on the PC or XBOX. Those of you who spoke of Austins "outrageous" comments should be the first behind me in committing to never purchase another MS Flight Simulator. That is how I chose to support ACES, not by bashing others.How are you going to support the ACES of which we all speak so highly of?

I think we need to clarify "switch" and "own" or "use".I have always "switched" to what I thought was the best flight sim at the time. I have never had any loyalty except to the best product at the time for my flight simming needs.In the 1990's I deserted the fs series totally for Pro Pilot, Flight Unlimited, Fly, and Xplane which I considered superior.Right now I will also "switch" to xplane or whatever else is available-when whatever else available is superior.At this time I see no reason to "switch"-in fact I don't see that happening for several years...and I do own Xplane-now.Will I "support" Xplane-you betcha!

I think we need to clarify "switch" and "own" or "use".I have always "switched" to what I thought was the best flight sim at the time. I have never had any loyalty except to the best product at the time for my flight simming needs.In the 1990's I deserted the fs series totally for Pro Pilot, Flight Unlimited, Fly, and Xplane which I considered superior.Right now I will also "switch" to xplane or whatever else is available-when whatever else available is superior.At this time I see no reason to "switch"-in fact I don't see that happening for several years...and I do own Xplane-now.Will I "support" Xplane-you betcha!
I too, must be "supporting" X-Plane; because I actually did buy versions 8 & 9. And like Geoffrey, I also dumped MSFS for the same reasons at the same time. And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if X-Plane ever becomes superior, I might change my mind again. In the meantime I use it for it's topography that's included with the global scenery. I just happen to like simulated mountain areas, for real life comparisons. If................the supposeably superior flight models of X-Plane get beyond the standards of third party addons for MSFS, then perhaps I'll switch. But at this point.............no.L.Adamson

Right now I will also "switch" to xplane or whatever else is available-when whatever else available is superior.At this time I see no reason to "switch"-in fact I don't see that happening for several years...and I do own Xplane-now.Will I "support" Xplane-you betcha!
How far is X-plane from being superior? Since you "own" a copy, what needs to be addressed for you to "switch" to X-plane?Given the rough forecast for the next Flight Simulator model, will you be interested in it?

How far is X-plane from being superior? Since you "own" a copy, what needs to be addressed for you to "switch" to X-plane?Given the rough forecast for the next Flight Simulator model, will you be interested in it?
My feelings are documented in the thread below.

Where's the energy? We should all be excited for the future.

My feelings are documented in the thread below.
Geofa...your typing style reminds me of an attorney I once dated...lighten up a bit! Always all official like these are some kind of court documents. Roll your head around your shoulders...grab a beer...put your feet up...light up a smoke..undo the top button..and relax cuzz!...if you don't drink, I'll have another for you...let me know. :(

Where's the energy? We should all be excited for the future.Geofa...your typing style reminds me of an attorney I once dated...lighten up a bit! Always all official like these are some kind of court documents. Roll your head around your shoulders...grab a beer...put your feet up...light up a smoke..undo the top button..and relax cuzz!...if you don't drink, I'll have another for you...let me know. :(
Say what?I just don't want to waste another thread since there is already a large one a few threads below with all the info you request. Maybe too many beers on your end? I am just mildly pleasant myself. :(

Say what?I just don't want to waste another thread since there is already a large one a few threads below with all the info you request. Maybe to many beers on your end? I am just mildly pleasant myself. :(
I did see'em. Guess I just wanted to start a positive thread around here. Doom and gloom lately. Anyway...got a sixer of steel reserve. Tastes awful, but it was a dollar off. Pilots are cheap, eh?

I did see'em. Guess I just wanted to start a positive thread around here. Doom and gloom lately. Anyway...got a sixer of steel reserve. Tastes awful, but it was a dollar off. Pilots are cheap, eh?
Yes-cheap for sure-got to save the money where it counts!I am very positive-fsx hasn't even started really and xplane can only go up. Everyone should have both!

Guest Alphahawk3
Yes-cheap for sure-got to save the money where it counts!I am very positive-fsx hasn't even started really and xplane can only go up. Everyone should have both!
Amen!

:( Spoken like a true Captain, Geoff :(