Sign in to follow this  
Cavemanhead

Best flightmodel planes

Want the best "flying" experience that FS9 can offer? My primary interest is large GA IFR, but one plane from each category is fine: small GA, large GA/corporate, Heavies, etc...Anyone?

Want the best "flying" experience that FS9 can offer? My primary interest is large GA IFR, but one plane from each category is fine: small GA, large GA/corporate, Heavies, etc...Anyone?
The SGA DC 10 is one of the best. Feels heavy as you would expect from a 10.

Guest jedtcat

I can't believe you have so few answers. Well mostly I fly small GA and helicopters but look into these: Anything from Realair. Start with the freeware 172. Anything from Carenodo. The flight models are not quite as good as Realair stuff, but their products are truly top notch. Best freeware, although maybe not what your looking for, is still the Maule: http://simviation.com/fs2004props54.htmHope this is a start. Happy flying.Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif

Guest belga1

Hello,

I can't believe you have so few answers.
Only real pilots (flying on type) can answer...Anything else is just guess or personnal feelings ...Regards.bye.gif

The Project Tupolev(PT) TU-154m has been certified by Tupolev for training purposes according to PT. It's freeware. It's certainly not a Ctrl e and blast-off plane though and if you're not prepared to read the manual, forget it :( I love it. http://fs-proteam.com/products.html?op=one...pw_patt=catalog

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Tingoose

I find the Flight1 C152 is very good and close to the real thing. Speaking from experence with the RW version!Carenado has recently brought out a C152 but I don't have it so maybe someone else will comment on it.Geofa should be able to comment on a Beech Baron if he reads this?

Those I enjoy:FSD SenecaF1/Dreamfleet 727PMDG 737'sPSS/JustFlight A3xx seriesPSS/JustFlight 777 and 757F1 C177'sF1 PC-12And many others....DJ

HelloGo the Overland site and download there FREE MD11 (in overland's own livery,but plenty of repaints available here)Equip with Alain Capt's fine (A bit hard on the eyes if ancient like me,but once you know you way around this FINE freeware panel that doesn't matter)This makes a great FREEWARE package.Panel takes something of a learning curve to master but its worth it.As to flt models(not an expert) all I can say is that this MD11 feels big and heavy but flies well and is a great freeware offering.Also all the Dreamwings ERJs plus GRABOWSKI panel (another great and immersive FREEWARE offering)cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest charlie1017

PMDG MD-11 for me! Simply the best airplane I've flown on flight sim. BTW also I own the Level D 767, PMDG 744, PSS A330 (Posky merge) and PSS 757.

Guest cuizinier
I definitely second the recommendation of realair's plane. I am not aware of any small GA addon that beat them in term of "flying experience" thanks to their realview tech. My favourite one is the scout pack... taildraggers are so fun. If you look for something a bit more demanding in term of handling, try their spit alsoFor carenado's the only one that interrested me is the mooney and it is awesome. It lack a "realview like" technology to be perfectFor large GA planes: digital aviation's piper PA-31 cheyenneIf you are interested in experiencing the amazing flight envelope of a modern fighter : the F/A 18E by VRS (see my signature...)
Best freeware, although maybe not what your looking for, is still the Maule: http://simviation.com/fs2004props54.htm
thanks jedtcat for this link I am downloading right now !I have seen the pilatus PC-12 recommended. It is nice but be aware that the gauge refresh rate is very poor in the VC (at least on my ring). If you intend to fly it from there, I advice you to skip this one.lots of choice indeed :-)cheersJulien

Hi,I now spend 90% of my flight sim time with the following aircraft. The Level-D 767-300ER, three words describe this outstanding airliner: "simply the best".

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I have seen the pilatus PC-12 recommended. It is nice but be aware that the gauge refresh rate is very poor in the VC (at least on my ring). If you intend to fly it from there, I advice you to skip this one.lots of choice indeed :-)IIRC, there's a setting in the config program (can't remember the name of it, not at my FS9 machine) to adjust the refresh rate of the PC-12. 'My' PC-12 has been completly refitted with RXP gauges (JL2/430/ST3400) and have no problems in the VC, and my machine's no powerhouse (Pentium-D 3.4GHz). She's my 'mountain goat'! :DCheers, SLuggy