Sign in to follow this  
flyerkg

MacDill AFB Unrealistic automobile traffic

Has anyone else discovered vehicle traffic that runs across the tarmac at MacDill AFB KMCF? I am running road traffic at 33% but also have traffic active through UTX, but this would not substantiate the mis-placed road running across this portion of the base. If there is a solution to this problem I would be happy to hear from anyone. Keith :(

Keith Guillory

Default aprons are poorly positioned. Also the default localizers are misplaced.scott s..

Guest JimC1702

Yeah, the problem is that UTX puts the roads in the correct locations, but the airports are not accurately placed. In some cases, the aprons can be adjusted off the roads, but at MacDill there isn't enough room to move it and clear the road. Using one of the tools in the SDK you could remove the offending portion of the vector road but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.Jim

the roads can be easily removed using ADE, but you have the task of replacing them so that they align with the parts you don't exclude at the edge of your project area. But I don't see why the aprons can't be moved. I did a "quick and dirty" and it's not hard, except that you have to move many taxisigns around. the default doesn't have any parking, so if you've already designed intricate parking scheme, you have a lot of rework unfortunately. scott s..

This occurs at a number of airports. There is a reporting tool for UTX anomalies, and I have reported some airport/vehicle traffic conflicts resulting in a fix in a UTX update. Vehicles crossing taxiways (where tunnels occur) to get to KMCO terminals was one such fix. Unfortunately, they didn't catch the road under taxiways to an outlying runway. This problem also occurs at KJAX, KCAE, KVRB, etc. for which I created AFCADs relocating aprons as a fix. I didn't see the conflict at McDill. As stated in another reply, a vehicle traffic exclude is easily applied using ADE where the problem is caused by a road under the runway/taxiway, such as at KMCO.

Art

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I should have said it is easy to remove the road textures using ADE, but due to a bug in FSX, excluding the cars (freeway traffic) is a little more involved, but it is doable.scott s..

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I should have said it is easy to remove the road textures using ADE, but due to a bug in FSX, excluding the cars (freeway traffic) is a little more involved, but it is doable.scott s..
Thanks to all who have responded. I did encounter this with a few other locations as well. In one location in particular, KNGU a portion of the freeway passes under the runway. I've traveled on this road in real life. In FSX the road is placed correctly, but the product even in the years 2006-2009 does not render roads passing beneath runways and taxiways. Or if you think about KLAS, almost completely under the span of the airport... The only payware I have seen that got this right was Simflyers KPHX. This is one item I had in FS9 that appeared better than it now does in FSX. I do have ADE and will put some effort into adjusting this. Have a great day!Keith

Keith Guillory