Sign in to follow this  
Guest pegase

How to activate selected speed during approach ?

Guest pegase

After my second flight on IVAO with this great MD-11, I feel now OK with most basics operation, direct to WP, descents upon ATC requirements, headings upon ATC vector but there is still one mistery remaining:On approach, belox FL100, the speed remains at 240kts clean or slats extended. I tried to set a speed of 220 kts but it remained 240 kts, a second press on F7 set the flaps at 15

After my second flight on IVAO with this great MD-11, I feel now OK with most basics operation, direct to WP, descents upon ATC requirements, headings upon ATC vector but there is still one mistery remaining:On approach, belox FL100, the speed remains at 240kts clean or slats extended. I tried to set a speed of 220 kts but it remained 240 kts, a second press on F7 set the flaps at 15

Guest pegase
Hi!Maybe this is a silly answer?....but did you actually PULLED (not pushed) the speedknob with your right mouse button?/ Leffe
Absolutely not silly Leffe smiley20.gif, But as far as pulling=right click, It is what I tried and tried again without result (In this low speed situation)It worked fine during cruise to go at M.84 instead of the econ FMS speed of M0.826. There is certainly something else to do. Perhaps 15

Absolutely not silly Leffe smiley20.gif, But as far as pulling=right click, It is what I tried and tried again without result (In this low speed situation)It worked fine during cruise to go at M.84 instead of the econ FMS speed of M0.826. There is certainly something else to do. Perhaps 15

As regards the right click to pull the knob you have to be sure that the symbol is directly over the knob, not to one side at all. If it is slightly wrong it just wont work.I feel it ought to change to grey like it does over the baro knob, but that's just being picky probably lol.John Ellison