Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikey25

New System Build Need Advice

Guest mikey25

Hi its time to upgrade and i wanted to build a computer to be able to run FSX well. I also do a lot of Photoshop editing also so want something taht well preform well on both. I just recently went to a computer store who builds custom computers in my area and they gave me specs on a computer that will be good for what i do. Also what kind of frame rates should i expect?????I was planning on buying an ASUS 24 in monitor but wasnt sure if the computer will handle it that big. At the store the guy told me that i could run things well up to 36 in but i dont want to go that highHere it is: Case: ATX FullTower Case no-ps Antec p182 Power Supply: 800w 24/240pin w/120 mm Fn XStream OCZ Motherboard: 1366 skt ATX Rampage II Extreme Asus CPU: Intel skt1366 i7-920 quad core Memory: 6gb kit DDR3 PC3-12800 1600 MHz 240 pin 2 qty 73 gb SAS 16mb 15k rpm 3.5 cheetah seagete Raid 0 Operation System ( No clue what these mean) Hard Drive: i Tb sata 32mb 7200 rpm 3.5 in HDD Seagate Raid 1 Storage Drive Video Card GTX280 OC igb Pci-e 2.0 Asus Vista Ultimate 64 bitos Dvd oem Super Blue ray combo lg DVD SATA 18x48 Optical Drive blk Asus Fan 120mm x 25mm 72cfm 14 dba Ixtrema pro I just wana make sure that fsx will run pretty well on this system i do not know much about this stuff so any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike </H1>

It seems pretty good, I would avoid the ASUS products though. I had the same motherboard at one point and it fried my i7.I recommend a Gigabyte motherboard instead.

Guest mikey25
It seems pretty good, I would avoid the ASUS products though. I had the same motherboard at one point and it fried my i7.I recommend a Gigabyte motherboard instead.
How big of a difference is there between the Gigabyte Motherboard and the Asus Motherboard?

Looks good, just get a good CPU cooler so you can overclock it....like this:http://www.crazypc.com/products/ultra-120-1366-50985.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How big of a difference is there between the Gigabyte Motherboard and the Asus Motherboard?
There are very few differences, the Gigabyte is less expensive and has a few less unessential options.