Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

It still surprises!

Guest rmce

It must be just random aircraft movements generated by the sim, but every so often a flight 'wobbly' is thrown at you.Approaching Maderia, just off African coast in my Dreamfllet 737, I was making a standard approach to the non ILS runway 23, (try this one its great, cliffs to the right,water to the left) when a Lear Jet decided to RACE me to the runway.I had priority landing with number one for landing, and the Lear would NOT be waved off! Another 737 was turning on to the runway at the same time.I waited for the ATC to suggest calmly that one of us does a 'go around' but the suggestion was not forthcoming until I decided to pedal to the metal and gain height. Then ATC told me to 'go around' Of course they also told the Lear at this point, so we both waltzed with each other at .01 miles apart as we went around in a classic oval pattern.Needless to say the 737 on the runway decided to take off and joined the flying circus in our race track pattern!With my years of experience of all aspects of FS Sims, I never get tired of take off and approaches, and this is one of the reason why. You never know whats going to happen!!I just wish I could remember to take a video of these events!rmceGlasgow

I have had to turn off aircraft colisions because of this. It is real upsetting when you spend hours getting to an airport just to have a mid air at the threshold....I enjoy these antics some times. It is just the qerkiness that make simming interesting....

Guest rmce

I must be a sadist! I keep on all collisions! keeps me alert unless I am rear ended and that has happened.rmce