Sign in to follow this  
Guest bekfreak

Payware Recommendations

Guest bekfreak

Okay other than GenX, GEX, Active Sky Advanced, and REX are there any other addons that people recommend. Especially for a Nav Aid. :) I'll order GenX once my new PC is being assembled. So, I'm wondering what's REALLY good out there. I've seen lots of wonderful looking scenery addons and some nice planes too. Suggestions? Specs for rig are in my sig.

Get the PMDG MD11. Considered by me and others, to be the best of payware aircraft.jim

With regards to aircraft:PMDG MD11 & 747Coolsky Super80 & Super80 ProfessionalFlight1 ATR 72-500I personally like the CaptainSim 757 Pro, but many people look on this add-on with disdain. If you do settle on buying some aircraft, do a search here for comments on it, and check out the support forums for said aircraft before doing so, to get an idea of issues, level of support, etc.

Guest bekfreak
With regards to aircraft:PMDG MD11 & 747Coolsky Super80 & Super80 ProfessionalFlight1 ATR 72-500I personally like the CaptainSim 757 Pro, but many people look on this add-on with disdain. If you do settle on buying some aircraft, do a search here for comments on it, and check out the support forums for said aircraft before doing so, to get an idea of issues, level of support, etc.
I have the Capt Sim 757 for FS9. I like it too. It's a good plane. I definately want to get the PMDG MD11...I've got a soft spot for that plane. :)I know that I have a couple that have free updates...the Eaglesoft Cirrus and the Overland packages.

...and the Overland packages.
I have the Overland packages too, great looking framerate friendly aircraft that perform great in FSX with their updates.However, I don't have them installed anymore - I've progressed to using airliners with FMC/MCDU for more realism. You could buy an add-on FMC/MCDU for the Overland Boeing/Airbus packages respectively I guess. Depends on how you fly in FSX.

UTX USA, Canada and Europe - depends on what your current products includeFSGenesis Mesh and Landclass - depends on what your current products includeAerosoftEaglesoftDGFlight1FSD-InternationalPrecisionManuals

Guest bekfreak
UTX USA, Canada and Europe - depends on what your current products includeFSGenesis Mesh and Landclass - depends on what your current products includeAerosoftEaglesoftDGFlight1FSD-InternationalPrecisionManuals
The Overlands are great for online use and if you don't have the time to mess around with the FMC stuff. :) Eaglesoft has always been there for me. My first payware peroid was the Beechjet. I guess those will be making the FSX leap with me along with a few others. :) I still want a good Nav Aid recommendation. Alas poor FS Nav. :(

Guest bekfreak
The Overlands are great for online use and if you don't have the time to mess around with the FMC stuff. :) Eaglesoft has always been there for me. My first payware peroid was the Beechjet. I guess those will be making the FSX leap with me along with a few others. :) I still want a good Nav Aid recommendation. Alas poor FS Nav. :(

Flight Deck Companion...a virtual co-pilot that's compatible with every plane. I can't fly without it.FSBuild2...A great program to create flight plans. It's best features are it's ability to interpets routes from FlightAware and its ability to vactor winds aloft (from the ASX or ASA engine)FSCommander...I use this on my second monitor to track flight progress.Wilco Ejets...my favorite regional jet. RC4...the default ATC sucks...and sometimes there's no controllers online.

Matt King