Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Attn: Tech support for these forums

Hi, With all due respect:As you know there are only a couple of weeks to RTW09 Race start. As you probably also know, we are seeing quite a lot of problems with the forums. These problems include longs response time, failure to recognize logged in users - in general, the forums are really unstable.If these problems are not solved, we might end up having to abandon the use of this forum, or risk losing just because of the problems described.Are you in tech support trying to correct the problems, and what is the status?Thank you in advance,BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCKTeam AVSIM (and proud of it!)

What has been frustrating is the inconsistent performance. Today it seems OK but yesterday I had some issues.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

As Buzz says, the performance of the forum is very inconsistent, I've just spent a couple of hours just barely being able to get in here, but now it is running (relatively) smooth. I've been trying to find a link between the amount of users/guests that you can see on the main forum page and the slowdowns, but I can't find any consistency there either. Now it's showing some 300 registered users and 80 guests, when I only got to the main forum page it showed 50 registered users and 50 or so guests, though that may simply be because the other 250 users weren't able to get in, and everyone trying at the same time overloaded the server.Since this problem first occured about the same time that the news broke about ACES, I thought the traffic would have dropped by now. On the other hand, I noticed that the most ever users online was 500 on Jan 5, when there was no problems like this.I'm beginning to think we'll have to run the entire race on the backup forum...

From the time I clicked on the "Last Post" to read darkC's post, it took 30 Seconds to get to the thread.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Guest Gary Buska
From the time I clicked on the "Last Post" to read darkC's post, it took 30 Seconds to get to the thread.
I agree I think we should go ahead and use the back up forum and make sure no one gives out the link :(

I agree I think we should go ahead and use the back up forum and make sure no one gives out the link :(
I believe the forum we use for baton posts has to be public and accessible to the general public... So, we can't hide it...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

The forum for baton posts has to be public and there is not a problem with that. We just need a place to plot and plan in private.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

The forum for baton posts has to be public and there is not a problem with that. We just need a place to plot and plan in private.
We now have one . Check out the Back-up Forum :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guys, I understand the frustration. I am going to dive into the forums this weekend and remove some things that we put in there earlier that may be impacting performance. I have not had time to do that until now. Please bear with us and be assured that we want to support you and have our forums available for your use during the race. I will post an update here when those fixes are completed.

Guys, I understand the frustration. I am going to dive into the forums this weekend and remove some things that we put in there earlier that may be impacting performance. I have not had time to do that until now. Please bear with us and be assured that we want to support you and have our forums available for your use during the race. I will post an update here when those fixes are completed.
Hi Tom,Thank you very much for your reply!We all hope you will be able to find a solution. As you may know we do have a backup forum, but it would feel wrong not to use our 'Home Forum' for the race.Thanks again, and good luck!BRGDSSven

Tom, I second everything Sven mentioned.. Good luck wth the new baby ( the forums ) , don't worry, she's just in the teething age and,,,, after a "t(week)" or 2 she'll grow up to be a fine woman. :(Go Team AVSIMRegards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi,Well I couldnt login yesterday, and today I find myself still logged in :( .There should be a timeout maybe for users not actively using the forums? However, what about the race if racers need to be logged in but dont use the forum for 2 hours only to post after landing to find out they got logged off due to timeout (I wouldnt think this is the problem we are experiencing anyways).And yes I think it's kool for users to have to login to use the forums; maybe it is too many guests on it? I dont see how either because I dont think guests can browse; hey wouldnt that even cause a problem if our race posts must be public? (Maybe that section wont need users to login to see it?Well I am all set on the backup forum; gonna check it out now.Also this might seem redundant but what if we post on both, this being the primary and the backup used to post second? It'd take less than a few seconds.BG