Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

PSS B772LR - Reinstall

Guest melf12

The other 2 files are present, though in the turned down r/h top corner format. All dates are correct.To be safe I think I ought to replace all 3 of those files.Ken

Hi John, I think we are getting to the nitty gritty now.I looked at the PSSB772LR-GE.air 9kb file first, it's 'format' is notepad?Ken
Not sure what you mean by "format". I assume the file is registered so that it opens with notepad to edit it. It doesn't need to be but, so long as it has not been amended, it will be ok and FS9 will still use it. How are the others?John

Guest melf12
Not sure what you mean by "format". I assume the file is registered so that it opens with notepad to edit it. It doesn't need to be but, so long as it has not been amended, it will be ok and FS9 will still use it. How are the others?John

Guest melf12

John, my answer re the other 2 files is just above your last post.By 'format' I mean the icon type - I'm not used to seeing air files in notepad, I'm pretty surethe original was not in Notepad.I'll get another backup set to see it that is the same.Ken

John, my answer re the other 2 files is just above your last post.By 'format' I mean the icon type - I'm not used to seeing air files in notepad, I'm pretty surethe original was not in Notepad.I'll get another backup set to see it that is the same.Ken
Sorry - messages crossed.Basically, this means that these particular file types are registered to Notepad within Windows XP so that when you double click on the file it will always automatically open in Notepad. There is no reason why this should be so - the files are certainly not like this when initially downloaded - and Notepad is of no use in playing with .air or .mdl files.It is suspicious:Just to check - if you double click on one of these files in Windows Explorer, does windows automatically open the file in Notepad.John

Guest melf12
Sorry - messages crossed.Basically, this means that these particular file types are registered to Notepad within Windows XP so that when you double click on the file it will always automatically open in Notepad. There is no reason why this should be so - the files are certainly not like this when initially downloaded - and Notepad is of no use in playing with .air or .mdl files.It is suspicious:Just to check - if you double click on one of these files in Windows Explorer, does windows automatically open the file in Notepad.John

Guest melf12

John, I caused the problem with Notepad!! I right clicked on the original .air to see what was inside....I chose Notepad to open it, the file changed to Notepad.They do say 'when in a deep hole...stop digging!"Time to give up on the PSS B772LR, sad though it is. I don't mind wasting my time, I've plenty of it; but I don't want to waste any more of yours.Thanks for all your help over the years, I very much appreciate it.Best regards,Ken

John, I caused the problem with Notepad!! I right clicked on the original .air to see what was inside....I chose Notepad to open it, the file changed to Notepad.They do say 'when in a deep hole...stop digging!"Time to give up on the PSS B772LR, sad though it is. I don't mind wasting my time, I've plenty of it; but I don't want to waste any more of yours.Thanks for all your help over the years, I very much appreciate it.Best regards,Ken
Ken,As long as they are genuinely registered to notepad, FS9 will still use the files quite happily to load the 777; so that is not the problem. If you want to carry on searching {I wonder if its a display problem of some kind and nothing to do with the individual files} I am happy to keep trying - I don't like to be beaten!However, OTOH you can get a discount on JF products at present{see the AVSIM front page} ..................................And there 777 Pro is the PSS final release.Best WishesJohn

Guest melf12
Ken,As long as they are genuinely registered to notepad, FS9 will still use the files quite happily to load the 777; so that is not the problem. If you want to carry on searching {I wonder if its a display problem of some kind and nothing to do with the individual files} I am happy to keep trying - I don't like to be beaten!However, OTOH you can get a discount on JF products at present{see the AVSIM front page} ..................................And there 777 Pro is the PSS final release.Best WishesJohn

Guest melf12
Again ............. ????

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.