Sign in to follow this  
Guest meekal

LOC Off-set Again

Guest meekal

Hi, The issue of being off-set from the LOC on an ILS approach (in the case of both the PMDG 747 and MD-11) was raised here sometime ago. I belive it was solved by a recommendation to run the Flight 1 FS Registry.For me, it worked for a time but it seems to be back one again. I have run the FS Registry a few times to no avail. On all my recent flights, I come in on the GS but I am offset by a fairly large margin on the LOC. I have to take over and land manually.If anyone has experienced this problem crop up again, I would appreciate some help and advice.Thanks,Meekal

If the registry is okay then the other potential source is add-on scenery or a corrupted magdev.bgl file. An easy check for the add-on case is to uncheck use of all nondefault scenery in the msfs scenery library manager. They are not uninstalled, just not loaded. However, your primary concern has got to be what is doing this to you: If you ran the registry repair tool and it fixed it once, and everything was okay but then stopped working you gotta ask the question why? Something could be corrupting the registry everytime it is run and that is why the repair tool does not seem to work... need to eliminate the possibility.

Dan Downs KCRP

Also some ILS approaches are offset 1 to 3 degrees from the runway to overcome local obstacles. I think KBOS has such an offset for one of the runways. Need to check the chart though.John E

Try this: Start-run-regedt32.exe. Under software / microsoft/microsoft games/ flight sim 10 check to see if your set up path has a "\" at the end, if not add one. Should read C:\Progam Files\Microsoft Games\ FLIGHT SIMULATOR X\ . Had the same problem. DAN I.

I think that missing "\" is one of the bugs that has been attributed to Wilco publishing installers... regardless, something is causing the problem. Sure hope you can find it before you become too expert at fixing it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest DeltaSimTek

I'm having the same thing lately. Doesn't seem to matter what airport. Suspect Magdev, but how to repair it is the question?Bryan Gandall

Guest ashwath

hey guys,localizer offset is not caused by any registry corruption or anything like that. FSX has designed certain airports in such a way that the localizer is off by a few degrees. so during an ILS approach ur airplanes PFD might show that the localizer is centered but finally u might end up landing on the grass a few feet left or right of the runway. bali international in indonesia (WADD) is a good example of this. to overcome this problem download something like an airport design editor from http://www.scenery.org/graphical_editors.htm take some time and have a look at the airport design for which u are having this problem. i think u also need fsx sdk original, fsx sdk sp1 and fsx sdk sp2 installed for it to work. once all this is done look at the airport layout and u will be shocked to see ur airports' localizer away from the actual runway. just drag it and drop it on the runway center line and save it. everything will be fine now.Regards,

Guest fencer88
Hi, The issue of being off-set from the LOC on an ILS approach (in the case of both the PMDG 747 and MD-11) was raised here sometime ago. I belive it was solved by a recommendation to run the Flight 1 FS Registry.For me, it worked for a time but it seems to be back one again. I have run the FS Registry a few times to no avail. On all my recent flights, I come in on the GS but I am offset by a fairly large margin on the LOC. I have to take over and land manually.If anyone has experienced this problem crop up again, I would appreciate some help and advice.Thanks,Meekal
Are you running FSX or FS9? From the comments in the posts it looks like FSX.However it is FS9 you could obtain and use ScanAFD.exe and check for duplicate AFCAD files in your add-on sceneries.Bruno

I'm having the same thing lately. Doesn't seem to matter what airport. Suspect Magdev, but how to repair it is the question?Bryan Gandall
Problem statement includes all airports so that rules out offset localizer set by design. True, some are like this (JFK ILS22R) but only a few.FS9 puts magdeviation in a file called magdec.bgl in the \Scenery\BASE folder. If it is modified or corrupt it can cause problems with localizers and tracking a course. My original is datetime 3/3/2003 size 127kb. Not sure what FSX uses.. haven't had the same problems.Are you FS9 or FSX?Other likely cause is a add-on scenery can under certain conditions cause this problem everywhere. This is usually the problem, and the solution is to eliminate all add-ons by unselecting them in the scenery library manager... once you find the bad one the others can be turned back on.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest DeltaSimTek
Problem statement includes all airports so that rules out offset localizer set by design. True, some are like this (JFK ILS22R) but only a few.FS9 puts magdeviation in a file called magdec.bgl in the \Scenery\BASE folder. If it is modified or corrupt it can cause problems with localizers and tracking a course. My original is datetime 3/3/2003 size 127kb. Not sure what FSX uses.. haven't had the same problems.Are you FS9 or FSX?Other likely cause is a add-on scenery can under certain conditions cause this problem everywhere. This is usually the problem, and the solution is to eliminate all add-ons by unselecting them in the scenery library manager... once you find the bad one the others can be turned back on.
I'm using fs9. I took all the advice given, unchecked add on scenery, restarted fs9 with no change in the problem! Searched all hard drives on the 3 pc's that I have fs9 installed on for 'magdev.bgl' and that file does not exist anywhere. There is, however, a magvar.dat file under PMDG that I suspect. I tried changing aircraft to the PSS 757 and 777, both of them worked/aligned perfect with no magdev/magvar problems. Do I need to re-install the PMDG? You will see what I mean in the attachment if it uploads correctly.Bryan Gandall

I do not have, nor have ever had, a magvar.dat file in the pmdg directory. Interesting.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fencer88

<<<I'm using fs9. I took all the advice given, unchecked add on scenery, restarted fs9 with no change in the problem! Searched all hard drives on the 3 pc's that I have fs9 installed on for 'magdev.bgl' and that file does not exist anywhere. There is, however, a magvar.dat file under PMDG that I suspect. I tried changing aircraft to the PSS 757 and 777, both of them worked/aligned perfect with no magdev/magvar problems. Do I need to re-install the PMDG? You will see what I mean in the attachment if it uploads correctly.Bryan Gandall>>>

I do not have, nor have ever had, a magvar.dat file in the pmdg directory. Interesting.
For info, I am using FS9.1 with WinXP SP3 and I found :On my C: drive- a magdec.bgl file dated 04/03/2003 in C:\....\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\BASE\Scenery - a magvar.dat also dating from March 2003 in ....\Flight Simulator 9\Flight One Software\Flight One ATR 72-500\NavData I haven't got the MD11 or any PSS plane and my ATR was installed long after PMDG's 737.On my D: drive - where I have a copy of the above EXCEPT the ATR - I only have the 2003 magdec.bgl fileHope this helpsBruno

Guest FrancoisH

About magnetic variation table, I suggest you have a look the the Herv

If your set up path does not have a back slash "\" at the end it causes the Localizer problem in PMDG aircraft.

That rings a bell. Too bad you didn't sign your name so we can thank you.Is this one of the errors that the registry repair tool is supposed to fix?

Dan Downs KCRP