Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaforsha

CIVA INS w/ TCAS

Guest jaforsha

I downloaded and installed the CIVA INS from AVSIM ((ins4df727v2.51.zip). The readme file stated "package includes the excellent freeware IVSI embedded TCAS & Transponder by I.L. Hetherington in ALL non-EFIS variants, both 2D and virtual cockpit!" However I cannot get the TCAS to work. I have the TCAS active on the radio panel but no traffic indications, even off-line with a ton of AI traffic.Any ideas?Thanks!Art

Hi Art.I've used Lee Hetherington's TCAS II without any problems for the last couple of years. Put the TrafficInfo.dll in the modules folder. Check that you have the TCAS dll and ini files in the FS ROOT folder, and the gau file in the gauges folder. Then check the panel.cfg file. The logic control line for the gauge MUST in the main panel section or the gauge won't work. You can put the line controlling the display into any popup panel but the logic line has to be in the main panel section:main panel section:gaugeXX=ILH_TCAS!Logic, 0,0,1,1any other popup:e.g.gaugeXX=ILH_TCAS!IVSIb, 523,847,160,160,fontscale:1.2 other:45If all else fails, download the original gauge from the library here (ilh_tcas_v4.zip) and go through the installation again. :(

Guest jaforsha

Ok, thanks. I figured it out. Looks like I spoke too soon, showing my amazing amount of ignorance. :( I'm used to the TCAS panel being located on the pedestal. However, the TCAS/transponder panel that was downloaded with the CIVA INS was located on the overhead panel and rendered the original transponder panel on the pedestal inactive. By the time I realized where it was it was too late to pull this post.But I do have one more question. The two INS control and display units are only visible in the VC. They are installed next to the wx radar, but when I bring up the wx radar in the 2D cockpit they are not there. Nor are they visible in the 2D cockpit on any panel. Other than that I have no issues. But I'm still reading the manual and haven't flown with it yet. Give me a day or two and I'll find something else I dont know.Thanks for all your help! The Avsim community is a great one.Art