Sign in to follow this  
Guest kabu3000

Most realistic Ai traffic settings?

Guest kabu3000

Hey, I'm using World of AI with all the packages installed except for the ceased airlines, so I have like 470 packages right now. My current traffic setting is 100% (Yeah, I know that's to high) and of course I usually get too much traffic, especially at like 7pm for example at EDDM I have like 8 planes lined up for landing and 15 more on approach and that's not even the busiest airport in Germany I don't even wanna know what it looks like at Frankfurt Well I don't know exact numbers but it's defianetely way too much. So doesn anyone know a AI traffic setting that gives a more or less realistic number of AI aircrafts cause I can't really figure it out.

No there isnt, simple as that. In the aircrafy cfg i beleive is a setting that determines at what slider % the aircraft shows up. So if you set the slider to 100% of course you will have heaps, but i think with WOAI they may all be set to 1%.

Hey, I'm using World of AI with all the packages installed except for the ceased airlines, so I have like 470 packages right now. My current traffic setting is 100% (Yeah, I know that's to high) and of course I usually get too much traffic, especially at like 7pm for example at EDDM I have like 8 planes lined up for landing and 15 more on approach and that's not even the busiest airport in Germany I don't even wanna know what it looks like at Frankfurt Well I don't know exact numbers but it's defianetely way too much. So doesn anyone know a AI traffic setting that gives a more or less realistic number of AI aircrafts cause I can't really figure it out.
Since WOAI is built off of real world schedules, 100% is not too high for realism. It may depending on your system be too high for performance reasons. I myself use 100% with WOAI! If your system can handle it, I'd stay with 100%, but make sure you are using AISMOOTH along with it, to keep planes separated on landing.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest jshyluk

Each AI program has its own definition of realism. Using default traffic only , I would not go above 60%. That being said, AISmooth is an absolute neccessity, no matter what AI package you choose. If memory serves, you can use AI smooth to shuffle your ground traffic as well as the stuff in the air. In that way, you can run your system with as many aircraft as it can handle, but you won't be sitting in traffic all day long. Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

If you look at the traffic files (traffic.bgl or whatever) used by FSX default or by the traffic packages, you'll see that they vary enormously in size and hence in the number of flights represented. So 100% with one is not the same amount of traffic as 100% with another. With those built on real-world schedules, i.e. WOAI and UTX, 100% will correspond to reality. 100% with MyTrafficX, on the other hand, is significantly more than reality.However, even with 100%, your airport may get more clogged up than the real thing, because FSX does not move the traffic as efficiently and expeditiously as real-world ATC staff do. So, as Jeff says, they may need a little software 'help'.

Petraeus

I keep mine anywhere between 60%-90% depending on where I'm flying, however, Phil Taylor once posted on his blog that any traffic setting above 85-90% messes up the landing pattern and clogs airports, even with AISeparation or AISmooth.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

I keep mine anywhere between 60%-90% depending on where I'm flying,
But 60-90%, or 65%, of what?Of FSX default? Of MyTraffic? Of WOAI, and if so, how many airlines are loaded? Of UTX? Of TrafficX?As I pointed out earlier, it's a meaningless figure, unless you qualify it with what you're running. The various packages generate volumes of traffic that are widely different. It's like saying that you like to fly your plane at 65% of its top speed :( without saying what that plane is.

Petraeus

I keep mine anywhere between 60%-90% depending on where I'm flying, however, Phil Taylor once posted on his blog that any traffic setting above 85-90% messes up the landing pattern and clogs airports, even with AISeparation or AISmooth.
...and to clarify, Phil was referring to the default FSX traffic bgl file...if you use the default traffic file, 80% is about the max you would want to use in the sim for all practical purposes.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest kabu3000
Since WOAI is built off of real world schedules, 100% is not too high for realism. It may depending on your system be too high for performance reasons. I myself use 100% with WOAI! If your system can handle it, I'd stay with 100%, but make sure you are using AISMOOTH along with it, to keep planes separated on landing.
Oh. Well then...problem pretty much solved :( . Thanks. Didn't know it was based on real schedules. And at a lot of times there aren't a immense number of planes, except in the evening. As I already said, 15 planes on final or shortly before final approach in Munich seems strange to me. But my system can handle it, except when I'm in New York. I tried to install Ai Smooth, but it doesn't really work, I guess I made some sort of mistake but it's not really that important I don't mind if Ai aircrafts come too close to each other. And I've also heard that with Ai Smooth there are very few landings cause the planes are just in a holding pattern all the time.

ai smooth takes a few minutes to settle things down, usually by the time you have started the plane and got it ready its more or less ok, its an issue with the ai traffic handling in fsx, but ai smooth does help a lot.