Sign in to follow this  
Guest pamago

MD-11 Tutorial I APPR/LAND

Guest pamago

Hello simmers!Great product this MD-11, love the differences with Boeings and Airbuses.I'm just testing the product so I decided to try the tutorial flight; everything went well up to the point where APPR/LAND button is pressed, nothing happened!The airplane flies over the exact center of the rwy at 4000'. Had to ask the passengers to use parachutes :)Two tries, same result. Found nothing in the forum regarding this problem, so I wonder what is going on!!!Any known issues? I'm running FSX SP2.Thanks for your answers,Patrick.

For starters: when you press APPR/LAND, do you see LAND ARMED appear on the PFD (at the top) of not at all?

Hello simmers!Great product this MD-11, love the differences with Boeings and Airbuses.I'm just testing the product so I decided to try the tutorial flight; everything went well up to the point where APPR/LAND button is pressed, nothing happened!The airplane flies over the exact center of the rwy at 4000'. Had to ask the passengers to use parachutes :)Two tries, same result. Found nothing in the forum regarding this problem, so I wonder what is going on!!!Any known issues? I'm running FSX SP2.Thanks for your answers,Patrick.
Hi Patrick!Have you cleared your ILS setting you used for the departured airport (Heathrow)? If not it won

Guest pamago

When clicking on APPR/LAND nothing happens, no messages on PFD and the bird keeps flying as usual never locking the ILS.

Guest pamago

Hi Leffe:Hm, I remember clearing the VORs as per the tutorial instructions. However I don't remember clearing any ILS frequencies and you are right I entered the LON ILS. So, I figure I must CLR the ILS, right?By the way, what is the purpose of entering the ILS of the departing airport? Patrick.

Hi Leffe:Hm, I remember clearing the VORs as per the tutorial instructions. However I don't remember clearing any ILS frequencies and you are right I entered the LON ILS. So, I figure I must CLR the ILS, right?By the way, what is the purpose of entering the ILS of the departing airport? Patrick.
If you in emergency have to go back!/ Leffe

Guest krullenbol
Hi Leffe:By the way, what is the purpose of entering the ILS of the departing airport? Patrick.
It's not very smart to do because it inhibits autotuning! The best thing to do is to preselect the ILS frequency for emergency return on LSK 6L NAV/RAD page. If you need the ILS for immediate return you only have to copy/paste the ILS frequency. Floris

It's not very smart to do because it inhibits autotuning! The best thing to do is to preselect the ILS frequency for emergency return on LSK 6L NAV/RAD page. If you need the ILS for immediate return you only have to copy/paste the ILS frequency.
Floris,it is a smart thing to do if you need the DME reading for departure out of EGLL, as in this case.Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest pamago

Just to confirm the problem has been solved by Leffe's suggestion, it was the ILS not being cleared that caused the problem.Now, back to study and learn to accomplish the same great landing manually!Thanks! Patrick.

Guest krullenbol
Floris,it is a smart thing to do if you need the DME reading for departure out of EGLL, as in this case.Markus
Didn't know that, sorry :)