Sign in to follow this  
hjwalter

Sao Paulo Scenery by Marcato

Hi All,Anyone using Fernando Marcato's Sao Paulo 2008.12 scenery in FS9 ?If so, do you experience any problems with it ? E.g. a system crash in the util.dll module when opening a flight on Congonhas airport (SBSP) and then "Go to Airport" Guarulhos (SBGR) via the drop down menu. Do you experience a system crash when exiting FS9 after landing correctly at Congonhas airport (SBSP).Has anyone been able to find the bug which causes this problem ?The scenery itself of the three main Sao Paulo airports is extremely well made and and it would be a great pity if it had to be deleted because of this bug which seems to be able to bite at unexpected moments.Marcato's site can be found at: http://www.marcato.tk but it's all in the Portugese language and they themselves seem to have problems with English requests for support.Recognize this type of problem, anyone ?Thanks in advance.Hans

Can you provide a link to the scenery?I did not spot it in a quick check in the library here. :(

Can you provide a link to the scenery?I did not spot it in a quick check in the library here. :(
Hi there Opa,Thanks for your reaction. Here's the direct link.http://www.pstair.com.br/marcato/homepage.htmlThe download tab is the second from the left, a little difficult to see because of the used colours. Click on the heading "Sao Paulo 2008.12" and the download should start.Looking forward to any further reactions.Hans

Hi there Opa,Thanks for your reaction. Here's the direct link.http://www.pstair.com.br/marcato/homepage.htmlThe download tab is the second from the left, a little difficult to see because of the used colours. Click on the heading "Sao Paulo 2008.12" and the download should start.Looking forward to any further reactions.Hans
I installed this rather interesting scenery enhancement and did experience the CTD when trying to change airports from the drop down menu - I did not have any problem landing however.As to the cause - I suspect a texture issue, but that is just a guess.Sorry I cannot help - but at least I was able to confirm some of what you are experiencing. :(

If so, do you experience any problems with it ? E.g. a system crash in the util.dll module when opening a flight on Congonhas airport (SBSP) and then "Go to Airport" Guarulhos (SBGR) via the drop down menu. Do you experience a system crash when exiting FS9 after landing correctly at Congonhas airport (SBSP).Has anyone been able to find the bug which causes this problem ?
Hi HJ!You are the first to report this problem.Actually this is the first time that I seen this problem in the FS ever.Do you have the update 9.1 installed?Did you install the scenery exactly as in the readme.html?If you deactivate the scenery in the scenery library the problem persists?
The scenery itself of the three main Sao Paulo airports is extremely well made and and it would be a great pity if it had to be deleted because of this bug which seems to be able to bite at unexpected moments.Marcato's site can be found at: http://www.marcato.tk but it's all in the Portugese language and they themselves seem to have problems with English requests for support.
Thanks! :-)Next time just send a e-mail!I just found you post because of my website link tracking!

Dear Fernando,I did send an e-mail to the address found on your web site but I recieved no answer which is the reason for posting my problem in this forum. Anyway, I'm very happy that you've now reacted and I request you to answer my e-mail so that our further technical contacts can take place via that medium. If you wish I can send a new e-mail to that address in case you have somehow lost my first one.I do not have the FS9 update 9.1 installed because this caused all kinds of other problems in the past. Is this absolutely necessary ?After experiencing my problem, the very first thing I tried was to re-install your beautifull scenery and this time step by step as in per your instructions, but it did not solve the problem.Opa Marshall (a well known technical expert in this forum) kindly downloaded and installed your scenery into his test FS9 but he only confirms the problem, as he says in his post above. However, he suspects a corrupt texture but I do not agree with him on that point because this would have caused direct CTDs when flying around the Sao Paulo area.I've been testing extensively and the problem seems to be primarily caused by the contents of your "cgh_xml.bgl" (Congonhas object placement) file which, when de-compiled to an .xml file, shows an extra SBSP airport entry. It's the same in the "gru_xml.bgl" (Guarulhos object placement) file. I've tried to remove these extra airport entries for testing purposes but the re-compilation afterwards to .bgl files were not successfull. What's the function of these extra airport entries ? Are they necessary ? Could they possibly cause conflicts with your Afcad data ?E.g. At Guarulhos (SBGR) I see 3 Airports.1. The XXGR for the ground traffic.2. The original FS9 SBGR airport from the AP935400.bgl file (Strange because this one should normally be covered by the one specified in "gru_afcad.bgl").3. The SBGR from the gru_xml.bgl file (possible problem).At Congonhas (SBSP) I also see 3 airports as above but with different names.When trying to re-compile your original .xml files (without any alterations) back to .bgl files using "BGLCOMP.exe", the .bgl files cannot be created because there seems to be some kind of linkage error with GUID objects specified in your .mdl files. However, I must say that all airport objects like buildings etc. do look O.K. and panning around from any position on each airport does not cause CTDs or show (strange) open spaces.When I de-activate "cgh_xml.bgl" in the scenery, the whole problem (in util.dll) does not occur but then obviously all airport objects have disappeared.Which compilation program do you use to compile .xml --> .bgl files ?Well, these are a lot of questions but I do hope to hear from you soon.Friendly regardsHans

Fernando,I have now installed the FS9.1 update but this does not help the crash problem. In the meantime I have also sent you an e-mail as per your request.Hope to hear from you soon.RegardsHans

Hi Hjwalter,

I do not have the FS9 update 9.1 installed because this caused all kinds of other problems in the past. Is this absolutely necessary ?
As you saw, no it wasn

I installed this scenery and flew the pattern at SBSP with the Tinmouse II yesterday. I am using this scenery with the 10-part Sao Paulo package (from AVSIM library), and it all looks and works great! I am using FS9.1.I did encounter 2 unusual things - 1. During the takeoff roll, the Tinmouse (in Varig's livery) was bouncing up and down slowly and gently...more of a rolling bounce than a sharp one.2. I did experience an FS9 crash upon closing the program, after a successful ILS approach and landing at SBSP.Has anyone else also experienced the "rolling bounce" on the takeoff roll? I will do some more testing with other planes later to see if it's a constant problem or not.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

2. Do you know of any way that I can find out which MDLs are missing in my FS9 ? Were they included in your "Sao Paulo 2008.12" package ? Would it be a good suggestion to send you any specific screenshot(s) so that you have an idea of which MDLs I could be missing ? I now also assume that because some MDLs are missing, not all objects are being displayed (correctly) at all three airports.
All MDL are made by myself using Gmax, they ar not in the package.If the bglcomp have any problem to compile a MDL, the bglcomp show a error message.
3. Yes, the crash problem seems to be initiated from somewhere within the "cgh_xml.bgl" file only.
Thanks.I'll make some research.
In the meantime I have noticed that there seems to be a strange elevation problem ONLY at SBSP because:When in external view and I slew an aircraft to any exact position, e.g. with it's nose wheel parked directly on any small apron marking, and then pan around, the nose wheel seems to move off that position AS THOUGH it was a number of feet up in the air. However, all AI and user aircraft taxi around correctly and are parked with their wheels on the ground. Could this possibly be the cause of the crash problem ?
No! That was a bug.Download the package again.
Obrigado for any trouble taken and hope to hear from you soon.Hans
You welcome!

I installed this scenery and flew the pattern at SBSP with the Tinmouse II yesterday. I am using this scenery with the 10-part Sao Paulo package (from AVSIM library), and it all looks and works great! I am using FS9.1.
That's great. We work a lot to make this two sceneries work together.
I did encounter 2 unusual things - 1. During the takeoff roll, the Tinmouse (in Varig's livery) was bouncing up and down slowly and gently...more of a rolling bounce than a sharp one.Has anyone else also experienced the "rolling bounce" on the takeoff roll? I will do some more testing with other planes later to see if it's a constant problem or not.
Yes, I receive some e-mails reporting this problem.There is no solution yet.
2. I did experience an FS9 crash upon closing the program, after a successful ILS approach and landing at SBSP.
That's happening not only in this package, but in orders versions off this scenery.It's a FS bug from helipads platforms.Fortunately the crash is no during the flight.

Jim,No "rolling bounces" with me. Taxiing, take off rolls and landing roll outs, go smoothly at all three of Marcato's Sao Paulo airports. However, I'm using his scenery without any other addon scenery in the area and I've installed it exactly as per his instructions. I would suggest that you de-activate your other scenery and then see if the "bouncing" persists but I assume you have already tried that.Good luck Hans

Hi Fernando,

That's great. We work a lot to make this two sceneries work together.
Over the weekend I did some more testing with various aircraft, and some problems occurred - 1. Flight from Rio Santos Dumont to SBSP w/PMDG -700 (GOL Livery) - flight went perfectly, all the way through to shutdown at the gate, but FS9 crashed on exit and did a restart.2. Flight from SBSP to Rio (Jobim) w/FeelThere -733 (Varig Livery) - flight went perfectly until after I had turned off RW10 @ Jobim. While taxiing to the terminal and switching views to external and back to cockpit, the sound stopped, then FS9 crashed, and did a restart. (I encountered this problem once before on the same flight/same plane, but during climb out from SBSP - switching from cockpit to external view - sound stopped, FS9 crashed and restarted).3. Flight from SBSP to Jobim w/PMDG -700 (Varig Livery) - System ran out of memory during climb out of SBSP (I had been delayed on departure for about 20 mins, so that may have caused the problem, having everything loaded with such dense scenery for a long time). My system has 4GB RAM, and 200GB free space on my 2nd HDD, which is dedicated to FS9.FS9 also crashed on loading the PMDG @ SBSP one time, and did a restart.As I mentioned, I'm also using the Sao Paulo area scenery, as well as customized scenery for the Rio area, including Santos Dumont and Jobim airports. I also have customized sounds for both PMDG and FeelThere 737s.
Yes, I receive some e-mails reporting this problem.There is no solution yet.
Ok, the rolling bounce really doesn't bother me that much...some runways are like that in the real world....but I hope a fix is in the works, anyway. I have only noticed this on the takeoff roll, and not the landing rollout, which is weird.
That's happening not only in this package, but in orders versions off this scenery.It's a FS bug from helipads platforms.Fortunately the crash is no during the flight.
Would it be possible to delete the helipads from the scenery to eliminate the crash on exit? I will do some more testing later, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep using this scenery, which would be a shame because it looks great. (I have the Varig and GOL Just Planes dvds, and you did a great job representing SBSP, for sure...it's the best I've seen yet!)Safe Flying in the real world (for both of us), Fernando!Jim
Jim,No "rolling bounces" with me. Taxiing, take off rolls and landing roll outs, go smoothly at all three of Marcato's Sao Paulo airports. However, I'm using his scenery without any other addon scenery in the area and I've installed it exactly as per his instructions. I would suggest that you de-activate your other scenery and then see if the "bouncing" persists but I assume you have already tried that.Good luck Hans
Hi Hans,I have not done a scenery deactivation for the Sao Paulo area yet, as Fernando indicated the "rolling bounce" problem has been reported to him before my report of it, but I may try deactivating it to see if it has an affect on the crashes/freezes I experienced over the weekend....will keep everyone here posted....Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Jim,I did the same IFR ATC controlled flight from Fernando's SBSP (Congonhas) to SBGL (Jobim) as you did but in a Cessna Citation X and all went well. However, now for the first time I did notice some "rolling bounces" on parts of SBSP runway 17R during take off but as you already have said, It looked more like a normal bumpy runway and wasn't a real problem.The other problems which you seem to have had, especially the dreaded OOMs (out of Memory) errors are not in any way related to Fernando's scenery but are due to so called memory leaks originating somewhere in certain user aircraft. The forum has many threads relating to OOMs.Crashes (blue screens or CTDs) as a result of changing views are something else altogether. They possibly have something to do with your graphics card momentarily requiring extra power from your power supply which can momentarily cause a voltage drop, with unpredictable results. I changed my power supply to one of 750 watts some time ago and that fixed my CTDs and I havn't seen a blue screen since.Do you use a separate sound card or do you use the sound system on your mother board. If so, I would suggest you switch off the mother board sound system in your BIOS and use any simple separate sound card. Improves frame rates too.Good luckHans