Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

RealCRT & T. D'ambrosio Gauge Question?

Recently after the inauguration bit, I had the urge to go back to Air Force One as a bird selection and fly some of the routes of the Presidents, past and present. This required a hunt in my archives and a reinstallation of my MelJet/Repainted 747-400's.My panel for these birds is the old Tony D'ambrosio contribution with the RealCRT gauges that originated several FS versions ago (FS98 I think). I also used a version of Tony's gauges in the 737's and other Twin Engine Commercials back when we had a few of those as well. I had forgotten how great those gauges were and very much enjoyed going back to them. I sure wish they worked in FSX panels. The provisions outclass much of what is available of late IMHO. (Thanks loads Tony and Roy if you see this).My problem is that I have forgotten how to implement the "Map" and "Plan" displays on the panel. I have reinstalled and setup the "nd2k_210" Nave Data. Intersections, VOR's, NDB's and Airports display just fine, but I get a "No Route Available" text displayed for any flightplan I create with the FS-2004 "Flight Planner". I have tried copying the plans from "My Documents>Flight Simulator Files" to the "NavData>FlightPlans" folder, and visa versa , but still do not see my route displayed on the panel. I don't remember having to do anything of this nature, but thought it might be worth a try. The route is displayed just fine in the GPS.I also do not find the "help" file mentioned in some of the links I have found in a Google Search which I apparently lost somewhere along the line in upgrading.I feel sure this is just a short between the ears for this old memory and I am missing something simple, but if anyone has been down this road and has any ideas, I would appreciate your suggestions.Respectfully:RTH

Thanks Graem:I replied yesterday, but it apparently did not register on the forum for some reason.I finally did discover what I was doing wrong. The route was always there, but as I said, a short between the ears did not remember how to bring it up.My panel is close, but slightly different from the TA747 and it was so long ago that I don't really remember the source. It has a few provisions I preferred including optional multiple displays, one of them the original FMC for the TA747 panel. I did not have a shortcut, and discovered that I needed to open the FMC display in the view selections in order to get my routes to show up. It can then be closed and ignored if so desired. I use other FMC's so had forgotten that option. The only drawback to my panel is that the enlarged gauge options do not work, so I may rethink this a bit and do a few more edits. Just depends on what I can retain out of my preferred panel.For what it is worth, the "help" documentation was found in the "ND99.exe" display (NavData folder in the FS9 root directory).Again, thanks loadsRTHname='graemeb' date='Feb 11 2009, 10:38 PM' post='1540798']I have those gauges still installed, but I am not in front of my FS computer at the moment. Tony d'Ambrosio's website is still up and the packages can be downloaded there, so maybe the documentation in those might help you?http://pagesperso-orange.fr/tony.dambrosio/RealCRT.htmRegards,