Sign in to follow this  
Guest 0702_Heavy

Installing AI Zips

Guest 0702_Heavy

Hi all,Warning!!!!!!Just tried to install Aegean AI and Fly Globespan AI, but getting unpacking error.Re-installed World 2.4, still same error. Other AI's installing ok, must be corrupted zips.

Guest Gary Buska

If you downloaded these files from AVSIM blease provide me with the download ID'S so I can check them out and remove them if there is a problem.Email to library@avsim.com or my self gbuska@avsim.comRegards,Gary BuskaLibrary ManagerForums ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com

Guest 0702_Heavy

The files I had trouble with yesterday are:119905, 119906 and 119933.

Guest Gary Buska

What program do you use to unzip files with I used CAM UNZIP and had no problems. Ypu might have gotten a glitch during download as well. Please let us know if yopu still have problems.Regards,Gary BuskaLibrary ManagerForums ModeratorAVSIM Online!www.avsim.com

Guest 0702_Heavy

I use the default 'windows file extract' which has never let me down before.I also downloaded 'Fokker 100' yesterday which wouldn't install, due to a program contained within, which didn't work.

Guest Gary Buska

using the default extractor could create a few problems, There are so many zip programs out there it is not funny. Pkunzip just can not deal with so many different formats which was one of the reasons I started using cam unzip. You might want to try it is is free and works great just go to the following link http://www.camunzip.com/To my knowledge no one else is having any problems with corrupt zip files. As a library editor we usually do not check to make sure that the file will down load it would take to long and all of us here are volunteers. So far every file that you have had a problem with I have been able to download and unzip with out any problems. So it has to be something on your end. Sorry for the problem and hope you figure it out. By all means any other files you have problems with let us know. I will be more than happy to check them out.RegardsGary BuskaLibrary Editor/Forums Moderator www.avsim.com

Guest 0702_Heavy

Thanks for taking the time to look into it.I will try 'camunzip' and let you know.As for the other files in the library, brilliant!!!!! i didn't realise the world of flightsim was so deep.