Sign in to follow this  
A320driver

FS9 757 EHSI loss

Booted up the sim today and upon loading the PSS 757 I discovered the EHSI is dark. Everything else works fine, don't think this is a font issue as the FMC & engine gauges are good. Am wondering if the EHSI gauge was somehow corrupted, and if so how would I go about correcting it. Have no idea how to do a reinstall since the PSS site is gone. Any help is welcome.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Booted up the sim today and upon loading the PSS 757 I discovered the EHSI is dark. Everything else works fine, don't think this is a font issue as the FMC & engine gauges are good. Am wondering if the EHSI gauge was somehow corrupted, and if so how would I go about correcting it. Have no idea how to do a reinstall since the PSS site is gone. Any help is welcome.
How's your PFD. Agree its not the font problem. Assume a reboot etc had no effect?John R

How's your PFD. Agree its not the font problem. Assume a reboot etc had no effect?John R
PFD OK. Reboot did nothing to help. My PSS 777 is fine BTW.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest lgvpilot1
PFD OK. Reboot did nothing to help. My PSS 777 is fine BTW.
Can send you a copy of the pss 757 Gau file it is 51,551 kb in size if you want to try thatMark

Guest lgvpilot1

Sent it JoeIt should be a zip 18,047kbIts seems that the 757 only installs 2 Gauge files , the one i have sent and the FSWXR2100 gauge so if you still have no luck I suppose you could try that as well ,though Im fairly sure it is the same one as the 777 so if that was a problem you would know .anyhow if you dont get the zip let me know and i will stick it on a file hosting site Mark

Thanks Mark, got the file but still no joy. Read that for this aircraft there should be a voronoi.dat file in the FS9 main. That is missing. Don't know if that has anything to do with this or not. Whan I open the settings window and go to the performance page there is a blank slider for the EHSI. All others are normal. If I click on it the sim crashes and gives me a PSS-b757.gau error.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest lgvpilot1
Thanks Mark, got the file but still no joy. Read that for this aircraft there should be a voronoi.dat file in the FS9 main. That is missing. Don't know if that has anything to do with this or not. Whan I open the settings window and go to the performance page there is a blank slider for the EHSI. All others are normal. If I click on it the sim crashes and gives me a PSS-b757.gau error.
Can send you that as well if you think it will helpMark

Joe,voronoi.dat sits in the FS9 root folder. If it is missing, FS9 usually crashes as soon as it tries to load the 757 - I can also let you have it if necessary.Also suggest you look at the wxr radar file as this integrates into the EHSI. If you also have the CS757, that has a different version of the same gauge and overwrites the PSS one leading to problems with the PSS 757. We had this problem regularly when the CS 757 was first released. Same might apply with any other aircraft with this particular gauge. Again, I can also let you have the correct gauge.John R

I think I could use both the above files. I gave the CS 757 a try last week so I can bet that is the problem. If you could send those files it would be great. Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest lgvpilot1
I think I could use both the above files. I gave the CS 757 a try last week so I can bet that is the problem. If you could send those files it would be great. Thanks for the help!
Joe Have you been sent those files , or do you still need themMark

Joe Have you been sent those files , or do you still need themMark
Mark,SentJohn

Found the problem. the "perf_inboard_refresh=" in the "panelconfig.dat" file was set to a long string of numbers rather than "1". Have no idea how that got changed but it did. Anyway, it's fixed. Many thanks Mark & John for all your help!!

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Guest lgvpilot1
Found the problem. the "perf_inboard_refresh=" in the "panelconfig.dat" file was set to a long string of numbers rather than "1". Have no idea how that got changed but it did. Anyway, it's fixed. Many thanks Mark & John for all your help!!
Well done Joe :( To put it bluntly , How the hell did you find that ?"If I live to be 102 there is no way I would have sussed that Nice one Mark

Well Mark, it really was a stroke of luck. I was just looking thru the 757 files for anything that stood out, and that long string of numbers stood out. Maybe now I should try the lottery & see if my luck holds!

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.