Sign in to follow this  
ErnieAlston

AIRBUS FlyByWire by Apollo

Guest Claviateur

Hi,I am wondering if there is anyone who got the AIRBUS FlyByWire by Apollo Software yet? It seems that they will sell it in Air show or something like that in Germany? But will it be sold online as well? Any idea? I would love to hear feedbacks from those who try it. A demo would also help us evaluate itCheersMichel

Hi,I just visited there website and I must say I never heard before about that group. They are actually selling this product during the AERO at Friedrichshafen, Germany.To be honest it sounds very promising ... too promising if you ask me. I also found two pdf documents (one english and one german version) which shows a comparison between the PSS Airbuses, their product and the real thing. I don't like this comparisons as the are not very productive in my eyes, even if the are offering a comercial product as PSS does I don't think we need that way of treating each other. And finally I'm must have been in a very deep winter sleep, but I never heard about this product/group before and the don't show real screens of the A320s, A330/340s they offer.Please correct me if I'm wrong but this seems very strange to me.TobyP.S.: It would be great to finally see some quality Airbus widebodies!

Guest sidewinder

This Airbus product was announced about a year ago and since then nothing was heard from this company again until today.They have not provided us with much information on this product.It does seem interesting though, I had a look at the PDFs.And it seems there isnt any fully working overhead panel...there is no mention of that, the main feature seems to be the fly by wire.

It shows a full panel on the box art they show on the site - looks pretty promising. I'll wait for the reviews, but it does look like this will be a good Airbus. Kudos to them for putting it on DVD-ROM too, it's about time software starting comign inthat format...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ba747heavy

"Kudos to them for putting it on DVD-ROM too, it's about time software starting comign inthat format..."Well no kudos to them from me! Some ppl(like myself) don't have a DVD drive.

This group has been around quite awhile. They had something to do with the classic Flight Shop and produced other outstanding software like the First Class 747-400 for FS98 (fully functional Nav display, fully functional weather radar, fmc, autopilot), Tower (not a bad ATC simulation at all) and early scenery add ons like Europe 1 and Las Vegas for Flight Simulator 5. They also produced a later adventure software similar to ProFlight but I'm not sure what that was. I've always found their stuff to be really good, so I have high expectations.-Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest Macs

"fully functional weather radar", We havent even got one of these going into Fs2004! :-lolOnly Kidding-that wasnt very productive was it!? As far as I am concerned if the company can't be bothered creating a website worthy of some attention or creating some press coverage-it usually aint worth it. How on earth do they expect to sell?RegardsJohn Mc Avinuehttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Yeah, the PSS bashing doesn't appeal to me, especially since I've been their customer for quite a while. Not a nice thing to do imho. Other than that, I don't think there's any info about this product anywhere. I guess time will tell.

The First Class 747 weather radar was indeed "fully functional", it just that the weather it displayed had absolutely no relation to what was actually in FS98.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg