Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesrwATC

PSS coming back?

Guest JamesrwATC

Does anyone know anything about this, went to their site tonight and there's a banner that says "Rising again Spring 2009"... check it out..If anyone knows anything it'd be great to find out what they're up to (what they've been developing for FSX)http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/

Guest lgvpilot1
Does anyone know anything about this, went to their site tonight and there's a banner that says "Rising again Spring 2009"... check it out..If anyone knows anything it'd be great to find out what they're up to (what they've been developing for FSX)http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/
Got to admit that its news to me :( I hope it happens , and i hope that are prepared to clean up some of the mess they left before they went AWOL The downside will be IF they do come back and use Avsim as their support base, then you just know this place will collapse with all those poor people who have lost their aircraft and will be looking for answers.There could be some explaining to do Mark

Hi!This seems to be great news if they are coming back! :( :( I don't care about that kids video game by the name fsx or what explanations they might have. But would love to get back the User Edits and buying any new software for FS9. They deserve to be supported. also would like to see some minor improvements to the 777.They had the best graphic artist in the business and hope to see Lena Bashkatov back! :( Soft Landings!Ricardo Miranda

Yeah, this caught me by surprise as well. Then again, we're talking about a Phoenix here... ;)I hope the store comes back online soon and that a new product is in the works, but whatever happens, this is the first piece of good news we've had in a while. Good to have to be something optimistic about in these turbulent times :) Good luck PSS! Hope to "see" you soon :)

We'll see, eh? It would be nice if they were to return. If they do, let's all try to remember to be polite to the new owners.DJ

We'll see, eh? It would be nice if they were to return. If they do, let's all try to remember to be polite to the new owners.DJHi,Well If they do come back they should sort the B777 out becuase I can't use mine due it climbing and descending to fast and I think I've wasted my money.... Unless anybody has any ideas how I can use it and rectify the fast climb and descent issue without having to use V/S all the time. And I'm really peeved by it. On the other hand the Airbus products they done I was impressed with...I know who my favouraite company is...... not mentioning any names!!!!! Anyway I've said my nine pence worth we will just have to wait and see.RgdsJason

Jason Thompson

I'm not impressed! If someone can be bothered to create a new webpage with that announcement, why can't they be courteous to existing users, and post a short message in this forum to let us know what is going on. How hard can it be??

Graeme Butler

Another discussion happening here:http://www.cbfsim.org/cbfsim/cbfsBB/viewto...=188806#p188806Here's a quick cut and paste of my comments from that thread:Over the years I purchased from PSS:777 V1 (FS2000)Turbine Bonanza (FS2000)747-400 (FS2000&FS2002)777 V2 (FS2000&FS2002)A320 (FS2002)Dash 8 (FS2002&FS2004)Vulcan (FS2004)A330 & A340 (FS2004)777 V3 (FS2004)757 (FS2004)The final years of PSS were very damaging for their reputation, especially among long term customers. If they wish to restore their credibility within the community they will need to do an awful lot:i) Before anything else they should immediately re-establish their download servers for all their customers so they can download their products again, along with a full and frank explanation of what exactly happened last year (ie NO EXCUSES!).ii) Set about fixing the remaining issues with the 777 and 757.iii) Start producing aircraft that stand up well to their contemporaries and have a feature set that reflects the price tag, with a consistent level of quality in that package - i.e. the panels are very good, so make sure the 3D models and flight models are also very good!iv) Make sure all the major bugs and problems have been fixed BEFORE releasing the product! Don't treat your long term, loyal customers like beta testers!v) Stop treating customers like idiotic cash cows and begin showing them some respect.

I hope that when their company crashed and burned, they also allowed the megalomania-type arrogance, ridiculous excuses and sophomorically poor customer support burn too. And I hope that what raises from the ashes is a company ready to admit the abject inferiority of their old products was only surpassed by their horrendous attitudes towards their customers.SO far, what I DO see is a pretty new and dramatic sign that I am sure took some time to create. But, what I DON'T see is a working commerce server so that I (and countless others) can activate and reinstall my 757 and 777.I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt to show my support, just as quickly as I'm willing to tell someone that they are a drooling ape-like mongrel. So even after years of horrendous business practices, support, and products, I'm STILL optimistic regarding a reimmerged PSS if only because we need all the help we can get with the hobby post the Aces implosion. But I'll reserve judgement.To quote the former great and illustrious president of the United States of America, G.W. Bush:"Fool me once, shame on you...""Fool me twice, well, uh, ummm, uhhhhh...you ain't gonna fool me no more!"(Did I mention the part about drooling ape-like mongrels?)So, PSS has got a steep path to climb to reconcile with the customers they left hanging, and whose loyalty they wantonly squandered with silly excuses about pirates being to blame for them going out of business. Actually, the best excuse that has ever come out of the PSS camp was the one where they said that the Internet was down in Malta (for a month) which is why they had to break their promise of releasing a specific patch.Anyhoo, I hope they realize that they can't show up with the same crappy excuses, products, and attitudes and hope to last more than a few months. I hope they show up with new vigor and a new committment to raising to the level of PMDG and LDS and THEN I'll vote with my wallet as well as my voice. Anything short of that, don't bother.Regards,Mike T.

I keep an eye on the CBF forum too.However, grateful if when here you would sign your name in accordance with the forum guidelines. Its very useful when we are trying to support and help but I believe even more so with threads such as this one.John Rooum

Guest keiron
I hope that when their company crashed and burned, they also allowed the megalomania-type arrogance, ridiculous excuses and sophomorically poor customer support burn too. And I hope that what raises from the ashes is a company ready to admit the abject inferiority of their old products was only surpassed by their horrendous attitudes towards their customers.SO far, what I DO see is a pretty new and dramatic sign that I am sure took some time to create. But, what I DON'T see is a working commerce server so that I (and countless others) can activate and reinstall my 757 and 777.I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt to show my support, just as quickly as I'm willing to tell someone that they are a drooling ape-like mongrel. So even after years of horrendous business practices, support, and products, I'm STILL optimistic regarding a reimmerged PSS if only because we need all the help we can get with the hobby post the Aces implosion. But I'll reserve judgement.To quote the former great and illustrious president of the United States of America, G.W. Bush:"Fool me once, shame on you...""Fool me twice, well, uh, ummm, uhhhhh...you ain't gonna fool me no more!"(Did I mention the part about drooling ape-like mongrels?)So, PSS has got a steep path to climb to reconcile with the customers they left hanging, and whose loyalty they wantonly squandered with silly excuses about pirates being to blame for them going out of business. Actually, the best excuse that has ever come out of the PSS camp was the one where they said that the Internet was down in Malta (for a month) which is why they had to break their promise of releasing a specific patch.Anyhoo, I hope they realize that they can't show up with the same crappy excuses, products, and attitudes and hope to last more than a few months. I hope they show up with new vigor and a new committment to raising to the level of PMDG and LDS and THEN I'll vote with my wallet as well as my voice. Anything short of that, don't bother.Regards,Mike T.
+1 ^^^ Pretty much took the words outta my mouth.

I hope they come back, id love to see an Updated 777

Wasn't the Phoenix a mythical bird?I'll believe it when I see it. I still can't get the A330 I paid for. :(

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jaglover

They've had a long time to ponder what really happened and I hope they've learned valuable lessons from the self-inflicted debacle that led to their demise. I'm not expecting immediate miracles from them if they do indeed rise up from the ashes, and I certainly don't expect they'll have corrected all the issues with their software. What I do expect, immediately upon that rise, is that they admit to, and apologise for, all the lies they told and that they treat their customers with the respect they owe us. After that they need to keep us up to date on the progress of fixes. And the abhorrent behaviour of deleting forum posts that are not to their liking must never return.I wish them well!Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.