Sign in to follow this  
teeps

Avenger Auto Mixture?

I'm probably being dense, but having purchased the Avenger last night I couldn't see how to select the auto-rich or auto-lean positions called for by the checklists. Are these detents programmed in, or should I just manually adjust the mixture?BTW, I purchased the Avenger for a few reasons: 1) It looks great, and it had been on my wish list for a little while (and with the pound plummeting now seemed like a better time!); 2) I wanted to support MAAM a little; and 3) As a kind of thank you to the team members who were also involved in the Sectionf8 project. Having let those three reasons persuade me I'm very glad I did. This is a superb addon, and deserves more attention than it gets, well done Sirs!Thanks,Mark

I'm probably being dense, but having purchased the Avenger last night I couldn't see how to select the auto-rich or auto-lean positions called for by the checklists. Are these detents programmed in, or should I just manually adjust the mixture?BTW, I purchased the Avenger for a few reasons: 1) It looks great, and it had been on my wish list for a little while (and with the pound plummeting now seemed like a better time!); 2) I wanted to support MAAM a little; and 3) As a kind of thank you to the team members who were also involved in the Sectionf8 project. Having let those three reasons persuade me I'm very glad I did. This is a superb addon, and deserves more attention than it gets, well done Sirs!Thanks,Mark
Hi Mark,Thanks for the kind remarks and sorry about the delay answering your question.The detents are not programmed in and you must move the mixture lever to the correct position, just as with the real one. The Pilot's Handbook describes the positions thus: Ide Cut Off - Lever aftAutomatic Lean - Lever Center (marked in blue on MAAM's bird)Automatic Rich - Lever Center Forward (just forward of the blue)Full Rich Emergency - Lever ForwardAs you can clearly see in the photo, there are not any specific detents for these positions. Instead, spring latch teeth run the full length of the quadrant's mixture arc, so adjustment between idle cut off and full rich is manually set and are fully variable. Interesting side note: Because of the shape of the teeth, the lever can be moved straight forward, but to pull it back requires the pilot to shove the spring-loaded lever to the left before it can be moved aft. Give that a little thought in the context of emergencies and the logic is clear.Cheers, Bill

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Bill,Thanks for the info, I shall get on with enjoying the Avenger now :)Mark