Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sky_6

Can I make my AI fly Circuit Patterns around my airport ?

Guest pokmanhh

Can I make my AI fly Circuit Patterns around my airport ?Is there a utility program to do this....will AI flight planner do this...if so how...?Thanks,PO'

If you only want flying planes around your airport there is a simple method by using a formation flight tool, which is for free at http://www.mudpond.org/you can start up to 4 individual planes of your personal taste, which will fly rectangles around your airport. It works very well, if you load multiple instances of the tool, and so you can watch and follow a crowd of planes flying Circuit Patterns.Cheers, Andreas

Can I make my AI fly Circuit Patterns around my airport ?Is there a utility program to do this....will AI flight planner do this...if so how...?Thanks,PO'
What you're looking for are called touch-n-go's and yes they exist in the MS Flightsim series. My Charleston squadron of PAI C-17's perform these touch-n-go here just as they do in RW ops. As to how to best program these I'm not sure, and you would be better served to post the flightplanning-question over on the 'Flightplanning' forum on the Alpha-India forum. These guys are the pros at flightplanning and are always ready to lend a hand with some good guidance.Regards,

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

In AI Flight Planner, there is a "TNG" check box for touch-and-go flights at a single airport.

Art

I think you need to make your TNG plans VFR, if they are IFR they will do a missed approach.scott s..

Guest pokmanhh

I have been using AI flight planner for some time now...and can successfully make my GA flight plans.But I have not been able to make my c152 and c172's do circuits/ Touch and goes at the SAME airport they takeoff from.I am able to make them take off, fly a pattern and land, but not TNG at the same airport...they just takeoff and then return and park...even if I select TNG at the menu in Flight Plannner...I have tried severl other options..none have worked yet...Can anyone help me with my AI flying patterns....Just my 152's and 172's...taking off, flying the circuit, landing(TNG) and repeating about 7-8 times.....then finshing with a full stop landing and park.Help..!

I have been using AI flight planner for some time now...and can successfully make my GA flight plans.But I have not been able to make my c152 and c172's do circuits/ Touch and goes at the SAME airport they takeoff from.I am able to make them take off, fly a pattern and land, but not TNG at the same airport...they just takeoff and then return and park...even if I select TNG at the menu in Flight Plannner...I have tried severl other options..none have worked yet...Can anyone help me with my AI flying patterns....Just my 152's and 172's...taking off, flying the circuit, landing(TNG) and repeating about 7-8 times.....then finshing with a full stop landing and park.Help..!
Post a text copy of one of your TNG flight plans and we'll look at it.Here's one of mine:AC#23,N7219,25%,4Hr,VFR,13:00:00,TNG14:00:00,010,R,0000,KEVB,15:00:00,TNG16:00:00,010,R,0000,KEVB

Art

PO'Make sure you are using the latest vs of AIFP. That would be 1.6. Check the manual (always a good place to start) on TnGs. You can also use the same airport for departure and arrival ( another way to do 1 circuit.) AIFP may give you a warning, but it should compile.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.