Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_D

Need help with AIRAC database

Guest Paul_D

I was gonna start a flight with my MD-11, KSEA/CYYC when I noticed that there was no departure SID data for KSEA, it simply said "NONE" for runways and "NONE" for SID's. I also have this probem with KORD. I went on to Avsim and downloaded AIRAC Cycle 0812 for PMDG MD11/747/ect... and installed it into my PMDG SID/STAR folder overwriting any exitising ones, I checked to make sure that my curent data was 0812 "reason I downloaded 0812 to start with", which it was. After restarting FS I still have no departure/arriva data for KSEA or KORD. Might be a few other's but these to so far I have noticed. Did I do somthing wrong here. Any help would be appreciated as I enjoy flying out of both these airports.Paul ( Toronto Canada ).

I was gonna start a flight with my MD-11, KSEA/CYYC when I noticed that there was no departure SID data for KSEA, it simply said "NONE" for runways and "NONE" for SID's. I also have this probem with KORD. I went on to Avsim and downloaded AIRAC Cycle 0812 for PMDG MD11/747/ect... and installed it into my PMDG SID/STAR folder overwriting any exitising ones, I checked to make sure that my curent data was 0812 "reason I downloaded 0812 to start with", which it was. After restarting FS I still have no departure/arriva data for KSEA or KORD. Might be a few other's but these to so far I have noticed. Did I do somthing wrong here. Any help would be appreciated as I enjoy flying out of both these airports.Paul ( Toronto Canada ).
Yeah, I found that in KORD too. I opened the KORD SID/STAR txt file to find that it was mostly disabled because of an FMS bug in the MD-11. I'm not 100% sure what the bug results are, but I guess we are waiting until the next patch to fix it. I'm pretty sure I flew from KSEA and it worked before, however, it was probably before I downloaded Dan's ZIP from here. So, I guess the Navigraph file worked.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

KSEA and KORD added new runways two cycles ago... do you have current navdata? Both sidstars and navdata should be of the same vintage. The downloads from avism that you mention might be the collection of sidstars (not navdata) that I keep up to date every cycle. Current cycle released today is 0902. You also need to download navdata from Navigraph (sidstars and navdata aka airac are two different sets of data). See also the sidstar article in the PMDG Ops wiki knowledge base.The MD11 does not provide error messages when it encounters a problem with the data, it justs says NONE. But I think this is the problem. The sidstar bug in the MD11 was fixed in the first update that came out about two weeks after initial release.

Dan Downs KCRP

KSEA and KORD added new runways two cycles ago... do you have current navdata? Both sidstars and navdata should be of the same vintage. The downloads from avism that you mention might be the collection of sidstars (not navdata) that I keep up to date every cycle. Current cycle released today is 0902. You also need to download navdata from Navigraph (sidstars and navdata aka airac are two different sets of data). See also the sidstar article in the PMDG Ops wiki knowledge base.The MD11 does not provide error messages when it encounters a problem with the data, it justs says NONE. But I think this is the problem. The sidstar bug in the MD11 was fixed in the first update that came out about two weeks after initial release.
So my KORD shouldn't say NONE now either?? What do I need to fix this? Different (new) AIRAC or SID/STAR files? I'm pretty sure my SID/STAR files from you are the latest.EAT: Ok I see the new collection from you is up, so I'll DL them. Still need to know if the AIRAC is causing problems though, if you know.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Please understand that there are two sets of navigation files: SIDSTARS and NAVDATA (or AIRAC). The navdata can only be obtained from Navigraph. It contains the global defintions of airports, navaids, fixes and routes. The SIDSTARS are only terminal procedures (SIDs STARs and IAPs). The SIDSTARS require that the NAVDATA be concurrent, primarily because runways are defined in the NAVDATA. See also: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSLast year, Navigraph started providing global SIDSTARs with the NAVDATA at no extra cost. My SIDSTAR collection is a customized subset of the global picture in that I only provide for 68 US locations (the 25 busiest airports and their 10 most common destinations plus a couple more where SWA flies). The Navigraph SIDSTAR for KORD does not have any departures because none are published, but my custom procedures include departures to 12 fixes that I found to be commonly used in flightplans as listed at flightaware.com. But because they have new runway 10/28 the latest sidstar file for KORD needs to have navdata that is at least cycle 0812. KIAD KORD and KSEA all got a new runway in the same month. I mention this in the readme file that comes with the sidstar collection (at least for a couple of cycles later, don't remember if I mentioned it in the readme for 0902).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Paul_D

Thanks for the quik reply, but both my SID/STAR and NAV DATA are cycle 0812, and how do I go about updating the Navdata. Is this in the PMDG folder. And yes it was the SID/STARS that I downloaded via avsim, what is the cycle number that came with the MD11, I assume it was 0812 as that is what the SID/StARS are that came with her.Paul ( Toronto Canada ).

Please understand that there are two sets of navigation files: SIDSTARS and NAVDATA (or AIRAC). The navdata can only be obtained from Navigraph. It contains the global defintions of airports, navaids, fixes and routes. The SIDSTARS are only terminal procedures (SIDs STARs and IAPs). The SIDSTARS require that the NAVDATA be concurrent, primarily because runways are defined in the NAVDATA. See also: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSLast year, Navigraph started providing global SIDSTARs with the NAVDATA at no extra cost. My SIDSTAR collection is a customized subset of the global picture in that I only provide for 68 US locations (the 25 busiest airports and their 10 most common destinations plus a couple more where SWA flies). The Navigraph SIDSTAR for KORD does not have any departures because none are published, but my custom procedures include departures to 12 fixes that I found to be commonly used in flightplans as listed at flightaware.com. But because they have new runway 10/28 the latest sidstar file for KORD needs to have navdata that is at least cycle 0812. KIAD KORD and KSEA all got a new runway in the same month. I mention this in the readme file that comes with the sidstar collection (at least for a couple of cycles later, don't remember if I mentioned it in the readme for 0902).
Okay, well, I know the difference between the NaviGraph data and the SID/STAR collections. The NaviGraph data includes all waypoints, routes, and other necessary info. I also know ORD only seems to have one DP, currently O'Hare Three, and I don't know if this DP would be found in an FMC or programmed manually, but I didn't get any STARs or IAP data on my last two flights.My NaviGraph data is pre-0812 by a few months, as I didn't think it would matter that much if those files were a little older. So, I guess I just need to buy some more credits from them and get the new cycle.

- Chris

Paul: Get navdata from Navigraph.com and the installer will put them in fsroot...\FMCWP\NAVDATA (FS9) or fsroot...\PMDG\NAVDATA for FSX. This is in the sidstar article I asked you to read.Chris: The pre-0812 navdata is missing the new runways at three locations I mentioned above. It won't work at those three locations. Time to get some credits and the new cycle out today.

Dan Downs KCRP

Chris: The pre-0812 navdata is missing the new runways at three locations I mentioned above. It won't work at those three locations. Time to get some credits and the new cycle out today.
Yeah, then the problem of not having those runways in the sim unless an AFCAD is made for it. Sucks. I hate when these major changes are made. Bad enough the DPs, STARs, fixes, and IAPs are changed all too often. :(

- Chris

Guest Paul_D

Ok, I read the Article but that still does not explain why my Seattle is not showing up, I have both AIRAC and SID/STAR cycle 0812, shoudnt this make them jive together? after al they are both the same cycle.Paul ( Toronto Canada )

Yes, if both sidstars and navdata are 0812 it should work alright at KSEA. Attach a copy of KSEA.txt from your sidstar folder and I'll look at it.

Dan Downs KCRP